Lifestyle and treatment support powered by data science and A.I. Digital therapies designed for life. Our gamified programs help improve health outcomes, create connections with clinicians and patients, and deliver data insights.
Our platform combines strong clinical validation with gamification, behavioral economics and artificial intelligence (A.I.) to deliver a truly engaging and personalized patient experience that removes barriers to health behavior change.
Our A.I. technology, developed by trailblazers in the field and leading experts from the gaming industry, reads and rewards positive behavior and serves relevant content and programs, triggering a continuity of positive behavior.
Patients engage with a rich user experience, earning rewards for managing their nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress and medication adherence. They also receive condition-specific education, and a connection to a community of health professionals and patients on a similar health journey. And our little helpers
– your personal Sidekicks – will help you stay the course.
Valuable data sets are collected throughout the journey – we have collected over 50 million data points – providing a deep understanding of behavioral trends.
We are in the top 0.1%
Our platform has been rated in the top 0.1% in quality by the industry’s leading rating company Orcha.
We are leading the way
Our platform is clinically validated and scalable across multiple therapeutic areas, providing support to patients suffering from chronic illnesses ranging from diabetes to ulcerative colitis. It can be layered and fitted-for-purpose to work both as a prevention tool, as well as provide support and empower patients.
- Disease-specific health education videos, recipes, and tips based on clinical guidelines, to improve patient awareness, empowerment and coping skills.
- Personalized, AI-driven action plans, recommendations and motivation messaging, supported remotely by a community manager.
- A gamified experience that promotes behavior modification to reduce stress, improve physical activity, sleep and diet, and overcome barriers to change.
- Smart medication reminders to support treatment adherence.
- Utilization of artificial intelligence and advanced analytics to personalize recommendations and gain data insights.
- A highly scalable platform, with fast and consistent performance, compliant with relevant regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA), and strong protection of user data, including encryption according to the military-grade 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard.
Our company was incubated by medical doctors
Sidekick was founded by two medical doctors, who had worked for years treating patients with lifestyle-related illnesses. A staggering 68% of all deaths are related to lifestyle-related illnesses and the two co-founders, frustrated with dealing with the consequences, decided to explore ways to prevent chronic illnesses and help patients already suffering from such diseases to better manage them, boosting their quality of life and triggering much improved health outcomes.
The result from this collaboration was an idea to create a technical solution built on science, rooted in behavioral economics, which would be scalable across multiple therapeutic areas and drive it with gamification to maximize engagement and positive health outcomes.
Behavioral research tells us that people’s lifestyle decisions are driven more by emotion than by logic. That’s why we employ concepts from behavioral economics to engage the emotional part of the brain and trigger positive health behaviors.
We are recognized as digital therapeutic (DTx) leaders.
Our platform has been rated in the top 0.1% in quality by the industry’s leading rating company Orcha, has over 30,000 users and clinical validation and successful customer launches across multiple therapeutic areas – ranging from type 2 diabetes to ulcerative colitis.
Sidekick was recently selected out of over 850 applicants into Silicon Valley’s Plug & Play Health business accelerator, winning first prize at the 2019 Winter Summit in Sunnyvale. The company was also among the ten winners of the 2019 EIT Digital Challenge, operated by Europe’s leading digital innovation organization.