Summary of the technology
Ukrainian Laboratories represents the original new squaraine dye for the protein detection.
The dye is already synthesized and ready to use for biomedical application.
The dye has a significant increase in the fluorescence intensity in the presence of protein (123 times)
and does not change its intensity in the presence of nucleic acids.
Description of the technology
Physical and chemical characteristics:
- the maximum absorption of the dye in the presence of the protein is 639 nm
- the quantum yield of the dye in the protein presence is 74%
- the Molar Extinction Coefficient in DMSO is 24 * 104 M-1cm-1
The main advantages:
- Synthesized dye is patentable
- Protocols of obtaining of the proposed dye are reproducible and could be optimized for the obtaining of various amounts of the product up to kilo scales
- Synthesis of the dye is estimated as non-expensive
- Ready to use dye may be prepared as derivatives bearing “universal” binding group
- It is possible to use the dye as start point in the development of new line dyes kit
- It is possible to synthesize dye analogues and modify the dye for labeling the protein on demand
Current development status
Commercially available technologies
Research & Technology Organization
About Ukrainian Laboratories
Research & Technology Organization from UkraineUkrainian Laboratories
UkrLabs, relying on its experience, considers its mission as integration of Ukrainian science into Western science. At the same time, funds raised through contract research and through research in the form of outsourcing will contribute to the research potential of our country and allow conducting world-class research, attracting and retaining the most talented Ukrainian scientists, training the new generation of researchers.
UkrLabs and its academic partners use their whole experience of cooperation with Western commercial and scientific institutions to expand cooperation with Ukrainian private sector, which leads to creation of high quality jobs and economic growth in Ukraine.