Summary of the technology
Project ID : 10-2017-4460
Description of the technology
Coupling, video compression, video transmission, PCC
Current development stage
TRL2Technology Concept Formulated
- The performance of video streams' transmission over the internet is far from optimal, often manifested in poor user experience.
- The internet transport protocols (TCP/IP or UDP) suffers from significantly degraded performance., whether the data is transmitted in adapted rate (TCP) or at a constant rate [UDP]
- A novel video transmission method
- The new method enables to adjust a video compression rate to the desired bandwidth in real-time, and to determine the optimal compression rate.
- Improved performance is achieved by increasing the total amount of traffic sent (instead of re-sending lost packets that are not relevant).
- No changes are required in the receiver's hardware or software.
- Effective solution to improve video transmission over the internet
- Smoother video reception with maximum quality and minimal latency