Summary of the technology
Photopolymerization initiated by UV light - solutions for polymer coatings industry
Main advantages of its use
- much higher initiation efficiency, shortening of the photopolymerization induction period and increase of monomers photocure process speed
- increase the rate of photocurable polymer layer production lines
- Optical - advantageous properties, so that they can be used as photopolymerization processes photo-sensitizers for many monomers (vinyl, epoxy, acrylates, methacrylates and others)......
- compatibility with UV LED diodes, which secure process without ozone emission and heat release, which distinguishes them from traditional mercury MPM lamps
- energy savings through an increase in the production rate
- proenvironmental thanks to the possibility of running processes using UV-LED panels
- The technology can be used in the production of polymer coatings curable by ultraviolet radiation (UV) imposed on various types of surface such as aluminum, paper, plastics, wood and metals, mainly in such industries as: printing, paints and varnishes, adhesives and sealants, furniture, automotive and electronics.
Intellectual property status
P.408415 - The new photo-sensitizers 2-amino-4,6-diphenylbenzene-1,3-dicarbonitrile for the photo-initiated cationic polymerization processes and new photo-initiating systems
P.410073 - The new distilbene derivatives as photosensitizers for the photoinitiated cationic polymerization processes and new photoinitiating systems
P.412723 i P.412067 - The new aminocarbonitrile aromatic derivatives as an innovative photosensitizers and new photoinitiating systems for the photoinitiated polymerization processes: cationic, radical and hybrid
P. 407364 - New naphthalene derivatives, their preparation and use as photo initiating systems component
Desired business relationship
sale, licence or further development in cooperation with industry partner.
About Cracow University of Technology
Technology Transfer Office from PolandCracow University of Technology
Cracow University of Technology:
- educates highly qualified engineers who can cope with national and global industry challenges,
- educates academic staff by supporting the development of their scientific passion and their participation in national and international scientific exchange,
- serves the economy and the whole society by solving technical and technological problems and by implementing scientific studies into economic practice.