Summary of the technology
Nanostructured silver is suspended in the gelling environment, which is a precursor of a colloidal system. A gelatin which is a natural protein polymer is a gelling environment. Nanosilver, due to its characteristics is widely used. The best-known advantage of silver nanoparticle is its antibacterial activity.
Description of the technology
The present invention is hydrocolloid nanocomposite with incorporated metallic silver nanoparticles that can be used as an ingredient of wound dressings. Hydrocolloid dressing may be combined with the absorbing polymeric base and it is capable of swelling. In its structure it contains suspended active substance, which is a nanocrystalline silver. It has a shape of plates dedicated for superficial wounds. The deep and penetrating wounds can be treated without the polymeric base, but in the form of a paste.
A method for producing the hydrocolloid nanocomposite with antimicrobial properties according to the invention is characterized in that the silver nanoparticles are prepared in-situ, during the process of obtaining the nanocomposite. The method is waste-free, and thanks to the use of substances not endanger living organisms, it can be considered as environment-friendly one. It is also favored by mild process conditions.
Main advantages of its use
- A polyurethane foam with closed pores is a polymeric base. Closed pores of the polymer provide greater hardness of the material
- Advantages of hydrocolloids include moist environment in the wound, the wound constant temperature, pH about 6, increased healing action, reduction of oxygen availability.
- Gelatin, which is present in the product is characterized by a number of characteristics that improve the overall health condition.
- It exhibits a local antihemorrhagical treatment, so it can be used in the haemostatics formulations.
- Product is dedicated for superficial wounds in a shape of plates . The deep and penetrating wounds can be treated without the polymeric base, but in the form of a paste.