Summary of the technology
• Our device uses pulsed electric heating technology to process food at low temperatures (approx. 42⁰C).
• High-voltage pulsation is a gentle way of preparing food, in which all healthy substances, especially vitamins, are preserved.
• During processing, cell membranes in food cells are opened, which allows better absorption of vitamins and enzymes in the human body.
• Food is sterilized by a pulsed electric field and is therefore suitable for direct consumption.
Description of the technology
UNIQUE FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
- The food processing method is highly energy efficient (the device is powered by 220 volts).
- Processing is very fast (pulsation process takes only a few seconds).
- The opening of the cell membrane that occurs during the processing allows the human body to absorb nutrients and vitamins more easily (for example, after processing carrots with a pulse heater, the human body receives almost 95% of beta-carotene, while consumed in its raw state only 20% would be absorbed).
- The maintenance of low temperature during processing means that processed food can be consumed as part of a raw diet.
POTENTIAL APPLICATION AND USE
- Our technology is ideal for use in industrial food processing, but also as a home food processing appliance.
- It is a technology with a wide market potential, applicable to numerous groups of end-customers (baby food, nutrition in medicine, raw food, healthy lifestyle).
- During pulsation process it would be possible to achieve a temporary opening of cells’ membranes, when another substance can be introduced inside them (for example supplements such as food dye, essential oils or enzymes).
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- We are looking for partners manufacturing food processing equipment, who are interested in application of innovative new technologies.
Intellectual property status
Patent already applied for
International patent application
Czech University of Life Sciences
Technology Transfer Office
Additional information (attached documents)