The Group of Electronic Engineering Applied to Renewable Energy Systems of Alcalá University (GEISER) presents the Power Electronics Research Lab, as a place to Research and Development, equipped with all of the tools and instrumentation necessary for the development of power electronic systems. That includes:
- Yokogawa oscilloscopes
- Power analyzer and data loggers
- a dSPACE system
- a Regatron Full 4-quadrant grid simulator and
- ADS AC/DC electronic loads
GEISER Research Groupparticipates in a large number of projects related to power electronics funded by European public institutions and private companies. As a result of the intense research work, the group generates an important technology transfer activity to different companies, publications in journals with high impact factors, contributions to conferences, PhD thesis, patents, etc.
Its reseach lines have a wide scope in work areas related, mainly, with the use of electronic technologies in renewable energy systems:
- Renewable energy: solar and wind
- Full in-house design of Power Electronics Converters
- Grid integration of power converters: L-filter and LCL-filter design, PLL, Grid code compliance
- Power quality: Active Power Filters, STATCOM
- High Voltage DC TRansmission (HVDC): Modular Multilevel Converters (MMC), Multi-terminal connections
- Motor control for médium and large drives: Cascaded H-bridges, NPC converters...
- Full in-house design of FPGA-DSP based control boards and implementation of control algorithms
- Modelling parameters estimation of Electric AC machines
- EMI compliance
- Smart grids and Microgrid: communication and control
- Energy storage: batteries, ultracapacitors,...
Fees should be agreed with the Research Group but they will be competitive and adjusted to the needs of the client.
Simply contact the following email address email@example.com