Summary of the technology
Design and synthesis of new photoinitiators dedicated for cationic, free-radical and hybrid photopolymerization. The research are performed to improve the speed of the curing processes of polymer coatings by developing innovative polymerization photoinitiators having a very better parameters than those already used in industry. The search for more effective initiators are fully justified from the practical point of view in industry photocurable polymer coatings.
Description of the technology
The search for new luminescent molecular sensors for the innovative Fluorescence Probe Technology (FPT) that may be successfully applied in coatings industry. Design and synthesis of new luminescent probes, based on organic compounds and also complexes of rare-earth metal cations. Spectrophotometric study of the compounds in the role of luminescent probes for monitoring chemical reactions, such as photopolymerization reactions, by FPT method. The performance of the newly developed luminescent probes are investigated both in free radical and cationic polymerization. Luminescent probes are tested under real photopolymerization conditions, used in industry for production of polymer coating.
Develop of new materials for applications in industries where light is used, such as the electronics industry (materials for photolithography), in industry photosensitive materials (for optical storage of digital information, phototherapy), the lighting industry (to modern sources of light, photoelectric sensors).
The area of cooperation with:
- polygraphic industry (printing inks, adhesives, transparent top-coats or varnishes, etc)
- furniture makers (polymer-based furniture coatings)
- automobile industry (automotive lacquers and paints)
- electronic industry (various electroluminescent devices, such as OLEDS, or integrated circuits packaging)
- optoelectronic industry (photovoltaic devices, and devices used for imaging and information transfer)
- and in general all other branches of industry, where polymer coatings are used.
Desired business relationship
we look for industry partner
About Cracow University of Technology
Technology Transfer Office from PolandCracow University of Technology
Cracow University of Technology:
- educates highly qualified engineers who can cope with national and global industry challenges,
- educates academic staff by supporting the development of their scientific passion and their participation in national and international scientific exchange,
- serves the economy and the whole society by solving technical and technological problems and by implementing scientific studies into economic practice.