Organization Profiles Site map description
- Dig.y.SoLDig.y.SoL™ addresses the energy and transportation markets by offering tools and solutions enabling evolutionary intelligent digital transformation. In the energy market, our tools will enable utilities to evolve from the current command-and-control mode of operation to a digital distributed energy model enabling real-time, on-demand energy exchange between independent sources (DERs, prosumers) and loads (C&I, residential, electric vehicles), supported by a distributed and securely shared federated blockchain.
- DIT HothouseDIT Hothouse is the award-winning Innovation and Knowledge Transfer Office at Dublin Institute of Technology, responsible for the commercialisation of intellectual property arising from DIT research. DIT Hothouse is the hub of innovation and technology transfer activities in DIT, the place where business meets innovation. DIT Hothouse has a range of spinout technologies available to industry across Life Sciences, Food, ICT, Software, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing and Clean Technologies. Our team works with students, lecturers and research teams across DIT as well as with entrepreneurs, industry leaders and investors. Through the DIT Hothouse New Frontiers Startup Programme, we provide a startup incubator for innovative and promising startup companies. Our Mission The mission of DIT Hothouse is to: Maximise the commercialisation of new technologies developed by the growing community of DIT researchers. Partner with industry on research collaboration, research consultancy and contract research. Support the launch of knowledge-intensive startups with the potential to generate significant economic benefits for Ireland through our startup support programmes and the DIT Hothouse Incubator. Our Offering At DIT Hothouse we assist: Entrepreneurs to start and grow businesses. Industry partners to find new technologies, research partners, and funding. Investors to find high-potential opportunities. DIT staff and students to commercialise their intellectual property (IP). Technology transfer offices in the Institute of Technology Tallaght (ITTD), the Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB), the Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Dún Laoghaire (IADT) and the National College of Ireland (NCI) and the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies (DIAS) in their commercialisation activities. Whichever category you belong to, DIT Hothouse can provide you with unparalleled expertise, skills and resources to help you achieve your goals. Our Success Since its establishment in 2007, DIT Hothouse has consistently outperformed all other Irish university technology transfer offices, completing up to 20% of the annual commercial technology transfer licences in Ireland. Through its Enterprise Ireland-funded Incubation Programmes, DIT Hothouse has helped create nearly 400 sustainable businesses that have attracted €195 million in equity investment and created approximately 1,700 quality jobs.
- DragonchainBlockchain as a Service for Enterprises & Developers. Dragonchain’s open source blockchain platform gives enterprises and developers the resources they need. Build private/public hybrid blockchain applications, and write smart contracts in minutes with Blockchain as a Service.
- DRUIDS Process Technology S.L.Since its beginning more than three decades ago, DRUIDS Process Technology continues pushing the limits of innovation. The company has developed capabilities in simulation, high-performance design engineering, control systems and electronics and intimate knowledge of processes of the wire and metallurgy, gained after decades of close cooperation with academia and the most relevant players in the industry.
- Durham UniversityAs one of the UK’s leading and world top 100 universities, Durham is also one of the most distinctive universities. It is a residential collegiate university with a welcoming community of more than 18,000 students and over 4,000 members of staff. Set within the historically rich City of Durham in the North East of England, which is home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this is an undeniably beautiful place in which to base your academic and home life. Durham University is listed 5th in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 and features in the top 100 of World University Rankings for 2018-19. Our academics and students are at the heart of our world-leading research and teaching capabilities, shaping the future with their ground-breaking work.
- Dynasense Technologies Pvt. Ltd.Dynasense Technologies is an ISO13485 compliant medical device & technology company based in Mumbai, India. Our portfolio of work includes design & development of point of care diagnostic devices and smart surgical tools. Our established network of vetted suppliers, vendors & testing facilities empowers us to execute swiftly in time without compromising on quality.
- EIT DigitalEIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation. EIT Digital delivers breakthrough digital innovations to the market and breeds entrepreneurial talent for economic growth and improved quality of life in Europe. It does this by mobilising a pan-European ecosystem of almost 200 top European corporations, SMEs, startups, universities and research institutes. As a Knowledge and Innovation Community of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology, EIT Digital is focused on entrepreneurship and is at the forefront of integrating education, research and business by bringing together students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs. This is done in our pan-European network of co-location centres in Berlin, Eindhoven, Helsinki, London, Paris, Stockholm, Trento, as well as in Budapest and Madrid. We also have a hub in Silicon Valley. EIT Digital invests in strategic areas to accelerate the market uptake of research-based digital technologies focusing on Europe’s strategic, societal challenges: Digital Industry, Digital Cities, Digital Wellbeing, Digital Infrastructure and Digital Finance. EIT Digital breeds T-shaped entrepreneurial digital talent focused on innovation through a blended Education Strategy that includes a Master School, Doctoral School and Professional School.
- ElectroluxElectrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electorlux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2015, Electrolux had sales of SEK 124 billion and about 58,000 employees. Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
- EPIC SemiconductorsEPIC has developed a microscopic AI sensor chip (Smart Dust) featuring energy harvesting (this eliminates the use of toxic batteries) and bidirectional non-magnetic (RF-free) communication. Its small size allows it to be easily embedded into everyday objects, sensing “human actions, physical forces, chemical reactions and bio-effects”.
- ERTRAC Global Competitiveness Working GroupERTRAC is the European Technology Platform bringing together all stakeholders of Road Transport Research. Its public-private multi-stakeholders nature involves industry, academia and research providers together with public authorities from the national and local levels. ERTRAC works in close cooperation with the European associations that represent the different components of road transport, while collaborating with other European Technology Platforms. European pre-competitive collaborative research has a very high added-value by bringing together the many private and public stakeholders involved in transport: working together, developing partnerships, and implementing cross-sectoral collaboration are important assets to speed-up the innovation process in Europe. In this context, the specific tasks of ERTRAC are to: - Provide a strategic vision for road transport research and innovation in Europe. - Define strategies and roadmaps to achieve this vision through the definition and update of a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) and implementation research roadmaps. - Stimulate effective public and private investment in road transport research and innovation. - Contribute to improving coordination between the European, national, regional public and private R&D activities on road transport. - Enhance the networking and clustering of Europe's research and innovation capacities. - Promote European commitment to Research and technological development, ensuring that Europe remains an attractive region for researchers, and enhancing the global competitiveness of the transport industries. - Support the implementation of Horizon 2020, the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation The new Strategic Research Agenda (SRA), published in April 2018, is a key document of ERTRAC with respect to preparing for 'Horizon Europe' (2021-2017), the forthcoming ninth European Research Framework Programme. The new ERTRAC SRA has the ambition to anchor the research work into the societal needs while looking more at the benefits of innovations for the end users. ERTRAC also wants to emphasize the importance of Road Transport and Mobility for the Society and the Economy, and hence consistently refers to the potential impact of the research topics.
- Eurecat Technology CentreWe provide industrial and business sectors with differentiating technology and advanced expertise, ofering solutions to their innovation needs and boosting their competiveness in a fast-paced environment. With 52M€ of incomes, we integrate more than 650 professionals and participate in over 160 R&D&i high-level strategic projects. Eurecat is member of the TECNIO network.
- European Space AgencyThe European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. Its mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. ESA is an international organisation with 22 Member States. By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, it can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.
- Evenwood LtdEvenwood not only connects innovation with clients, but successfully manages the innovation processes. We have worked with many intellectual property (IP) projects with SME's, Universities, Institutes and spin-outs, delivering IP identification, partner identification and early stage commercialisation. We have wide-ranging experience in evaluation of the market sectors, routes to market and potential commercial partners for a wide range of University technologies. We help many clients to identify partners and negotiate licensing deals.
- ExecomExecom is a software engineering company focused on the complete development cycle - from idea, design and production to maintenance of complex software solutions. The company is headquartered in Novi Sad, Serbia, a prominent University center. Local account management and high level project supervision are assured through our office in the Netherlands. Established in 1995, Execom is a pioneer in nearshoring IT services. Investments in people, knowledge and strong relationships with partners are the key elements of the company’s business philosophy. We are fast adaptive, tech-driven and agile. Our 170+ specialists deal with challenging projects and deliver against the highest standards and certifications. We do the heavy stuff: thinking with the client, de-risking projects and helping them stay on top with the latest technology. Our twenty-five-year long expertise is broad: Instrumentation and Automation, Business Process Automation, Telecommunications, Finance & Banking, Home Automation, Broadcasting & Multimedia, Mobile Solutions, IoT. We work with clients from Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, France, the USA, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, the Czech Republic and Russia.
- Exergy LtdEngineering support to the industry and SMEs from concept design to scale-up and commercialisation of industrial biotechnology, biorefining and circular projects. Our technology focus is the development of biochemicals, biofuels, renewable technologies and products, including feedstock and waste valorisations. Techno-economic analysis. Energy efficiency and process optimisation. Commercial, collaborative R&D and Innovation Projects (European Horizon 2020, Bio-Based Industries BBI, InnovateUK, BESTF, SPIRE)
- Expert-Service, R&D corp.* Analysis and reorganization proceedings; * Preparation of feasibility studies of projects; * Selection of equipment and tooling; * Development of technologies; * Analysis and optimization of existing processes
- Extense PharmaWe research, develop and produce a range of innovative food, drink and food supplement products designed entirely for the weight management, healthy eating and nutrition market sectors. All of our products are high in quality protein, low carb, low fat with no added sugar. Each one is made with natural ingredients only, no preservatives and GMO Free. Although there are many companies competing within this market sector, our every expanding range stands out for two reasons: 1. The balance between the quality ingredients used and the nutritional values produced, offers unrivalled effectiveness and convenience in our target sectors. 2. Superior taste. If you would like to know more about what we offer, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- Extranthis UGElaboration of platform technologies for sustainable production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) from biomass and using sustainable ressources, respectful to the environment and clima change. Development of natural products as drugs against addiction and pain management.
- Faculty of Polymer TechnologyFaculty of Polymer Technology is an internationally recognized academic institution tightly linked with the economic sector. It grows on the excellence of study, development and research work, while also enabling students and industry to acquire knowledge in one of the most interesting technical fields in the world.
- Familia TorresSince its founding in 1870, Familia Torres has combined tradition and innovation with the aim of making premium wine and brandy, always with the utmost respect for the environment. Familia Torres’s roots in Penedès, near Barcelona, go back more than three centuries, and it has historically had wineries and vineyards in Penedès, Conca de Barberà, Priorat and Costers del Segre. The commitment to protect the land and environment, the pursuit of excellence, and a passion for wine culture has been passed down from generation to generation. Fourth generation family member Miguel A. Torres pioneered the planting of Cabernet Sauvignon in Spain, creating Mas La Plana in 1970. For the fifth generation, the focus is on making wines from unique vineyards and recovering ancestral varieties in Catalonia, as well as in other parts of Spain and Chile. Not only is this project reviving the wine growing heritage of these regions, but in light of climate change, it may also provide future solutions. Familia Torres is also present in Chile, California, and other iconic Spanish regions with its singular wines and vineyards. Torres is a member of Primum Familiae Vini, an association of 12 wine families who are among the most prestigious wine producers of their regions.
- Fibrothelium GmbHFibrothelium GmbH was founded as a spin-off from the company Meotec GmbH & Co.KG and RWTH Aachen University. The company has interdisciplinary experience in the field of material science and material development, especially for medical technology. The core competence is a unique process for the synthesis of fibroin solutions, which is completely free of toxic solvents. This leads to advantages in the biocompatibility of the material and to low process costs. The material fibroin offers a wide range of applications in the field of medical technology and also in the cosmetic industry and other market fields.
- Fideicomiso Ecuatoriano de Cooperación para el DesarrolloFECD works with small producers from rural zones of Ecuador and its main goal is to generate impact in their economy and livelihoods by self-managing and strenghtening local capabilities in order to mitigate poverty and climate change.
- FLUIDRAFluidra is a multinational, Spanish-listed company focused on developing innovative products, services, and #IoT solutions for the residential and commercial #pool and #wellness markets, globally. The company operates in over 45 countries, employs 5,500 people and owns a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional® and Gre®. To learn more about Fluidra, visit fluidra.com.
- frec|n|sys SASfrec|n|sys designs, fabricates and commercializes passive RF components (surface acoustic wave – SAW, bulk acoustic wave – BAW, guided acoustic wave devices in general), i.e. sensors, filters and resonators for on-board signal processing. The main applications of such devices are dedicated to harsh environment monitoring, Defense/Space and Telecoms. The company was created in early 2013 to answer the national demand and international need for advanced SAW device development and production. The skill and expertise of the company originate from competences developed at the FEMTO-ST Institute/CNRS - Besançon. The company owns a patent port-folio protecting its innovation particularly in the field of sensors for harsh environment for which the company ambition to be an international leader. Since Ocyober 2017, frec|n|sys is a 100% subsidiary of the SOITEC group which develops and commercializes advanced SOI wafers for microelectronics and a novel generation of oriented single-crystal piezoelectric layer on silicon, the so-called POI (piezoelectric-on-insulator) wafers.
- FrieslandCampinaFrieslandCampina produces and sells consumer products such as dairy-based beverages, infant nutrition, cheese and desserts in many European countries, in Asia and in Africa via its own subsidiaries. Dairy products and BtB ingredients are also exported worldwide from the Netherlands. FrieslandCampina has branch offices in 33 countries and employs just under 24,000 people. Revenues are around 12 billion Euros.
- Fundacio Bosch i GimperaThe Bosch i Gimpera Foundation (FBG)* focuses on promoting and managing the transfer of the knowledge and technology generated at the University of Barcelona. Its goal is to bring the scientific and technical skills and the results of the research generated at the UB to the market by means of contracts for R+D+i, consultancy services and the protection, valuation and licensing of patents and the creation of new knowledge-based enterprises.
- Fundació Parc TaulíThe Fundació Parc Taulí is an entity created by the Corporació Sanitària Parc Taulí in order to promote and manage aspects related to teaching, training, research and innovations, both related to scientific-medical activities and the management and organization of healthcare activity.