Organization Profiles Site map description
- Hiroshima UniversityHiroshima University, a Japanese national university corporation, is located at Higashi Hiroshima, Hiroshima Pref. , Japan, which is away about 800km west from Tokyo, facing a national park, the “Seto Inland Sea”. - History: Hiroshima University was established in 1949 through integration of existing higher educational institutions, featuring 11 faculties and 12 graduate schools. - Faculties and Graduate Schools: Faculties are classified as Science, Engineering, Applied Biological Science, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Letters, Education, Law, Economics and Integrated Arts and Sciences. Graduate schools are classified as Science, Engineering, Advanced Sciences of Matter, Biosphere Science, Biomedical Sciences and Health Sciences, Letters, Education, Social Sciences, Law School, Integrated Arts and Sciences, International Development and Cooperation. The numbers of staffs are academic staffs of 1,717 and non-academic of 1,589, totaling 3,306, and those of students are undergraduate students of 10,941, graduate of 4,239 and others of 265, totaling 15,445, including international students of 994 (from 66 countries) , as of May 2013. - Research and Outreach Activities: Hiroshima University has a good reputation in the various advanced research fields, such as bio-medicine, engineering, chemistry, physics, material science, etc., yielding the international collaborative research with foreign companies and institutions ranked 7th in the Japanese universities as of FY 2012.
- IATA-CSICThe Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology (IATA), created in 1966, is a center of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). Its scientific-technical objective is to carry out research of excellence on the production of sustainable and quality food, taking into account its safety, health impact and consumer acceptance. IATA research can be grouped into the following lines of research: INNOVATION IN FOODS AND PROCESSES Study the mechanisms responsible for the function of different food components by a multidisciplinary approach. Investigate the processes that add value and sustainability, and which determine or modulate the physico-chemical, biochemical, nutritional and sensorial behaviour of complex food matrices by placing special emphasis on products from plants (cereals and other grain based products) and animals (meat and meat based products). The sub-lines are: Structure and functionality of components in food matrices Mechanisms to develop aroma, flavour and functional ingredients Sustainability in food processes Sensorial and consumer perceptions FOOD SAFETY AND PRESERVATION Food safety is an essential requirement in a healthy food supply system that needs to be dealt with in different ways. On the one hand, food preservation as a fundamental discipline of production processes that allows food safety and quality to be guaranteed in order to constantly supply food from farms to consumers. On the other hand, studies that rapidly, sensitively and accurately detect and quantify microorganisms, residues and chemical contaminants are necessary to lower or eliminate the risk of exposure to these agents. The sub-lines are: Preservation and packaging technologies Biopolymeric materials and nanotechnology Microbiological risks Pollutants and chemical waste DIET, MICROBIOTA AND HEALTH Certain food confers the organism with benefits that go beyond their nutritional input by helping to improve general well-being or reducing risk of disease. The digestive tract is colonised by numerous microorganisms (microbiota), which have co-evolved with human beings for millions of years, and have struck a balance that is vital to maintain health. This research line features a true revolution thanks to modern molecular techniques, allowing a clear connection of health with components of diet and intestinal microbiota. This allows innovations and dietetic solutions to develop that can help prevent diseases and chronic disorders. The sub-lines are: Probiotics and prebiotics Microbiota and Microbiome Nutrients and bioactive components FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY The Food Biotechnology line aims to understand the physiological and molecular bases of the action of organisms and molecules in food production. This knowledge is used to develop new processes that improve food quality, safety and shelf life. Research conducted in this line spans from the selection of molecules and organisms with enhanced properties for food production to the design of new foods with improved functional properties. This line includes researchers with extensive expertise in the study of microorganisms and molecules of interest for food production as well as the ripening and conservation of fruits. The sub-lines are: Yeasts Lactic acid bacteria Filamentous fungi Protein engineering Postharvest and fruit quality
- ICL InnovationAbout ICL ICL is one of the world’s leading companies in fertilizers and bromine based chemicals. ICL produces approximately a third of the world’s bromine and a variety of bromine based products, such as flame retardants, biocides and engineered materials. About ICL Innovation ICL Innovation is the flagship initiative of ICL’s new Open Innovation program. With the goal of accelerating ICL’s development of the sustainable new products and processes needed to solve major global challenges. We've created an Innovation Incubator to enable the company to benefit from the full range of knowledge, creativity and business initiatives from around the world.
- IDIBELLThe Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) is a biomedical research center established in 2004, located in L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, south of Barcelona, Spain. Its stakeholders are Bellvitge University Hospital and Viladecans Hospital, of the Catalan Institute of Health, the Catalan Institute of Oncology, University of Barcelona and the City of L’Hospitalet de Llobregat. IDIBELL comprises more than 1200 researchers integrated in 67 research groups strategically organized in 4 scientific areas: Cancer, Neurosciences, Translational and Regenative Medicine. The IDIBELL Core Research Facilities include a set of centralized platforms dedicated to developing and providing research resources to assist campus biomedical researchers, such as: biobank, proteomics unit, genomics unit, cytomics unit, C. elegans facility, animal facility, statistical assessment for researchers, Clinical research unit (UICEC) and biomarkers platform. Through these different resources, IDIBELL would like to supply equipment and instrumentation, technical expertise and training to promote innovative, cutting edge research. IDIBELL has the purpose of connecting academia and industry in order to promote innovative ideas to the market and therefore to society, by supporting professionals along the process.
- IMIM Institut Recerca Hospital del MarIMIM (Hospital del Mar Medical Research Institute), located at the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) is, up to 82%, made up of research groups lead by professionals from the MAR Health Park , most of whom are associates of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) and the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), as well as other seconded staff members from the Centre for Research in Environmental Epidemiology (CREAL), the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), the Department of Experimental and Health Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University (DCEXS-UPF), the Centre of Regenerative Medicine in Barcelona (CMRB) and the Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB). On 16 December 2013, the Accreditation Committee of the Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII) approved the acreditation of IMIM as a Health Research Institute, which was ratified by the State Secretarial of Research, Development and Innovation for the Order of 17 February 2014. At IMIM there are around seven hundred professionals, of which one hundred and nineteen are lead researchers distributed in fifty-six research groups integrated into the five multi-disciplinary programmes framing research activities within IMIM: Cancer, directed by Joan Albanell Epidemiology and Public Health, directed by Jordi Alonso Cardiovascular and inflammatory processes, directed by Miguel López-Botet Biomedical Informatics, directed by Ferran Sanz Neurosciences, directed by Rafael de la Torre A large proportion of its budget is provided by external competitive funds that are managed by the Mar Institute of Medical Research Foundation. The scientific output generate from this research includes almost 550 annual papers in international journals indexed in the Science Citation Index (SCI). Another relevant fact is that 65% of the IMIM papers are published in journals that are in the top quartile of their category. IMIM has a Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) made up of a group of prestigious international expert scientists from the different areas of the IMIM research programmes.
- INESC TECINESC TEC is a systems and computer engineering R&D institute with 900+ researchers producing Scientific Research and Technological Development, offering advanced training, specialised consulting and promoting the transfer of its technologies to the market. INESC TEC’s research covers several areas of knowledge: telecommunications, power systems, information and computer graphics, applied photonics, robotics, artificial intelligence, advanced computing, high-assurance software and biomedical engineering. We strive to be your knowledge partner of excellence.
- InKemia Green Chemicals, Inc.We generate innovative Green Chemistry products, processes, and solutions by applying our 20 year R&D history to your challenge. The following are areas of specific expertise. Alternative Safer Ingredients of Equivalent Performance - Replace undesired ingredients in a formulation - Avoid hazardous or highly regulated chemicals - Find functionally optimal and safer ingredients Adding New Functions to Formulations While Keeping Optimal Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Profile - Selection of ingredients to expand the functional properties of traditional formulations - Focus on multifunctional chemicals Formulation Performance Enhancement - Identify ingredients that improve the efficacy of the formulation - Reduce application frequencies and doses Eliminate or Reduce Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) - Development of high solid content formulations - Development of low MIR chemicals Eco-efficient Synthetic Routes - Re-design of chemical synthesis - Utilization of safer reagents - Minimization of synthetic steps and isolations - High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) for the development of chemical synthesis
- InnogetInnoget.com is the trusted global open innovation, science and technology network for forward-thinking organizations and professionals. Innoget is the trusted innovation network where you will meet brilliant experts worldwide, find novel technologies, groundbreaking startups and innovative business opportunities. By joining the innovation network you will bring your technologies faster to market, accelerate your innovation projects, outperform in technology scouting, and put you in front of global decision makers. Novel technologies, great startups and innovative business opportunities at one click. Meet brilliant experts worldwide. Accelerate your innovation projects with a leading-edge innovation network that will put you in front of potential partners worldwide.
- Innovator's DNA LLCInnovator's DNA is a training and consulting company established to help individuals and organizations realize their full creative capacity and innovation potential. Our content and origins as a company come from over 15 years of academic research from world-class institutions including Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, and INSEAD. Our products and offerings include a range of trainings, action learning projects, e-learning courses, innovation management software, and innovation assessments.
- Institute of Chemical Research of CataloniaThe Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia represents one of the very first fruits of the new scientific policy of the government of Catalonia (Spain) aimed at creating new research centres in strategic areas. ICIQ, in particular, has been created with the ambition of becoming a reference for chemistry in the European Research Space. Our society faces important challenges in the XXI century, among which health and environmental concerns are of outmost importance. Chemistry will play an essential role in both of these challenges. To succeed, our increasingly knowledge-based economy will require a solid and strong chemical industry; currently 150.000 jobs in Catalonia (and more than 2 million in the EU) directly arise from the chemical industry. In order for this industry to be successful in the future, it must take a sustainable approach based on the rational use of feed-stocks and raw materials. For this, fundamental chemical research needs to be funded and novel approaches into transforming matter must be developed. We at ICIQ consider that catalysis is the key activity for sustainable chemistry. Catalytic processes can minimize raw materials and energy consumption, and can lead to the selective formation of target products with minimal generation of wastes. In line with this consideration, we have taken catalysis as one of our main research topics. Complementary to our research focus, attention has been paid to the development of a simple and efficient organizational model for ICIQ, able to overcome known difficulties normally associated with larger and more traditional research institutions. The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia aims at bridging the gap between academic research and industry, focusing its research on catalytic chemical processes for applications in health, energy and sustainability. At ICIQ, we consider that patents are highly efficient, safe and solid tools to provide protection from competitors. This is why we file patents for our in-house developed-technologies: to give our co-development projects with industry a strong starting IP position. As a research centre our goal is always to co-develop our technology adapting it to the industrial partner’s specific needs and ultimately transfer the technology to this company, with a flexible licensing strategy adapted to each case.
- Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC)The Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC) is a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence research center at Campus UAB focused on basic and applied research in Materials Science and Nanotechnology. Our fields of application include sustainable energy conversion and storage systems, superconductors for power applications, low-cost oxide and molecular electronics, and multifunctional nanostructures biomaterials for nanomedicine. Our center hosts over 70 scientific researchers, 60 postdoctoral fellows and 60 PhD students which, together with the visiting researchers, scientific technicians and undergraduate students, create a motivated and talented group of people capable of exploring the materials of the future. We are a center open to new ideas and projects, always focused in our mission, which is to generate knowledge in the Materials Science and Nanotechnology areas and to transfer it to the society.
- International Atomic Energy AgencyThe International Atomic Energy Agency is the world's central intergovernmental forum for scientific and technical co-operation in the nuclear field. It works for the safe, secure and peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology, contributing to international peace and security and the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.
- IPStar BVApplications and description of markets A. Functional foods The functional food market for cholesterol reducing products, such as Benecol™ and Becel Proactive™ alone (so excluding the food supplements market) was one billion dollar in 2003 and has tripled in 2008. In addition, the need for non prescription (over the counter) cholesterol reducing products, such as probiotics , is growing each year. B. Pharma In 2008 the world market for anti cholesterol drugs was worth over 25 billion dollar, making the anti cholesterol drugs the most financially attractive therapeutic area in the world. This therapeutic area can be divided into five main drug areas: • Statins • Cholesterol Intestinal Absorption Inhibitors • Fibric Acids • Nicotinic Acids • Bile Acid Sequestors The statin class dominates the market taking in 2008 over 90% of the market, worth an estimated $22 billion. C. Animal Feed On average 50 % of all foods consumed by humans is of animal origin. This includes milk, cheese, meat, eggs, butters, fats but also a vary large variety of derivatives such as pastry, cakes and mayonnaise. Adding ezCol to animal feed will result in human consumable products of animal origin that are low in cholesterol. Other Background on Cholesterol There is a need to reduce prescription drug expenditures, and one of the ways to accomplish this is to allocate more costs to consumers by increasing the number of switches from prescription medications to nonprescription over-the-counter (OTC). The United Kingdom is the first country to allow OTC sale of a cholesterol-lowering agent, and other countries, including the United States, are watching closely. The ezCol technology is very suitable for use in non prescription OTC nutraceuticals and foodstuffs. Existing cholesterol lowering agents contain phytosterols as their effective agent. There is an increasing amount of caution towards side-effects caused by phytosterols. This skepticism centers around suspected accumulation of the agent in brain tissue, reduced vitamin intake and increased risk of heart related diseases. Tests on rats have fed suspicions of unsafety for certain groups. Health Canada issued an advisory warning that Becel Pro-activ™ has not been approved for sale in Canada and may pose health risks to pregnant women, children, people on cholesterol-lowering medications and those predisposed to hemorrhagic strokes. Phytosterols are derived from plants. The development of a new cholesterol-lowering product that is more effective, less expensive and without negative connotations attached to existing products such as phytosterols, has significant potential. ezCol could offer all of these benefits.
- IT Nuggets OnlineWhat is Computer Based Training – CBT? CBT’s are usually interactive with Software Simulations (behaves like you’re using the real thing on the PC; therefore, you don’t even need the real software installed on your machine) and rarely without voice. This Publisher’s CBT with Titles do NOT have voice. But, 99% of our training material from our CBT partners do have voice. Generally, CBT’s tend to be more expensive. Our Publisher’s CBT Titles are NOT based on Flash. They are based on the latest technology which uses the: See It, Do It, and Try It learning paradigm. A very powerful new way of learning. All CBT and Courseware Learning formats are delivered with a secured login. Some of our latest courses are ( Machine Learning, Digital Forensics, BigData, SAP, SQL, Oracle, MCSA, MCSE, CISSP, CISM, AWS, iOS & Android Development and much more ) Don’t miss out on this learning opportunity, our quality training is ranked #1 in our CBT partner network program. Today’s competitive business environment and frequent software updates by software vendors demands rapid skill acquisition. Our Web Learning partners helps you keep up-to-date by delivering quality Interactive Self-Study in CBT format. These factors give CBT’s a clear advantage over conventional, inconvenient and expensive Classroom and Hard-copy print training methods. CBT’s not only offers the advantage in terms of convenience and lower cost, but it also facilitates improved subject-matter comprehension. NOTE: Our Web Learning Online CBT and Course ware products are now delivered to you once you create an account with a secured login. Contact us today if you have any interest in our CBT or need us to add any new course !
- JPT Peptide TechnologiesJPT Peptide Technologies is a peptide product and service company and one of the largest custom peptide vendors worldwide. All of our production and services are performed in our state of the art laboratories in Berlin, Germany according to DIN ISO 9001:2015 and GCLP regulations. Our team manufactures high quality products such as custom peptides (e.g. stable isotope-labeled peptides, SPOT peptides, immunogenic peptides, peptides with post-translational modifications, fluorescence labels, biotin or other modifications) peptide libraries, peptide pools, peptide microarrays, and peptide ELISA. In addition, JPT performs services ranging from immune monitoring and enzymatic profiling to epitope discovery.
- JTC CorporationSet up in 1968, JTC is the lead government agency responsible for the development of industrial infrastructure to support and catalyse the growth of industries and enterprises in Singapore. Landmark projects by JTC include the Jurong Industrial Estate; the Jurong Island for energy and chemical industries; business and specialised parks such as Airport Logistics Park of Singapore, International Business Park, Changi Business Park, Seletar Aerospace Park, CleanTech Park and Tuas Biomedical Park; a new work-live- play-&-learn development called one-north; and the Jurong Rock Caverns, Southeast Asia’s first commercial underground storage facility for liquid hydrocarbons. JTC also develops innovative space such as JTC Surface Engineering Hub @ Tanjong Kling, JTC MedTech Hub @ MedTech Park and JTC Food Hub @ Senoko, which incorporate innovative features and shared infrastructure to enable industrialists to start their operations quickly and enhance productivity.
- Korea Institute of Energy ResearchSince the founding in 1977, the KIER has had focused on energy technology R&D which is closely related with our living standards and national security while overcoming the challenges we have faced as a resource poor country. KIER's R&D areas include improving efficiency and securing environment-friendly way in use of limited conventional energy resources such as oil, coal as well as natural gas and exploring new energy sources such as solar, wind and water as well as its commercialization. The KIER also strives towards technology transfer which can be reflected in successful commercialization of our remarkable R&D outcomes by means of industrialization of excellent intellectual property rights, enlarging its R&D activity in bottleneck technology based on small and medium sized enterprises, and communicating actively with markets through "1 researcher to 1 enterprise" technique guidance. enlarging its R&D activity in bottleneck technology based on small and medium sized enterprises, and communicating actively with markets through "1 researcher to 1 enterprise" technique guidance. Energy has had a significant influence not only on living standards in a society, but also upon national competitiveness and security. Therefore, the KIER will do its best in developing energy technology for future generations.
- KwaZulu Natal Regional Office of Technology TransferThe KwaZulu-Natal Regional Office of Technology Transfer (KZNR-OTT) is an office funded by the National Intellectual Property Management Office (NIPMO) to support technology transfer in four tertiary institutions in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, namely: University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT), University of Zululand (UZ) and the Durban University of Technology (DUT) (the “Regional Institutions”). The KZNROTT supports the Regional Institutions to identify, protect and commercialise intellectual property that emanate from research and development. We support our Regional Institutions through offering both operational and strategic support services of technology transfer. Our operational services include case-by-case consultative support throughout the tech transfer value chain, including conducting intellectual property, market and commercial case evaluations for invention or technology disclosures. Afterwards, we offer legal, intellectual property and commercial support to see the inventions or technologies through to successful commercialisation, including drafting and reviewing of transaction specific agreements, as well as compiling business plans for new ventures created. The strategic role of the KZNROTT includes the creation of partnerships (business and non-business) within triple-helix stakeholders (tertiary institutions, government institutions and industry) in commercialisation of technologies from the Regional Institutions.
- Laser Consult Ltd.Laser Consult Technical, Scientific and Economic Consulting Kft. (Ltd.) was established in 1992 with the objective of accompanying its clients from the innovational idea all the way to selling the intellectual product by providing complex innovational services. Our mission, through our services, is to promote the utilisation of intellectual products, create a business value from innovative solutions, promote the co-operation of places of research and enterprises and the development of Hungarian higher education through the professional support of innovational activities. The foundation of the successful operation of the company is our fundamental philosophy, in which we lay a significant emphasis on establishing a relationship of confidence and developing a long-term successful co-operation with our clients.
- Leading Biology Inc.Leading Biology Inc. is an innovative high-tech company which produces bio-products (antibodies, proteins, cells, and chemicals) for a wide range of research and medical fields. Over three years, we provide customers with high-quality custom services under the support of our professional technical team with decades of experience in the biotechnology field. Our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for customers define who we are and how we work. We are dedicated to providing best quality, most efficient, and professional services to our customers, and aim to become the leading company in life science and research.
- Logam EnergyI Invent innovations in electromagnetic induction that I call PEMF (Potential Electro Motion Force) and Multi wires method that increase reactivity electrons move and increase quantity electrons flow for Electric generating, Electric rotating machine, Antenna, Sensor, Detection and Telecommunication.
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and TechnologyAt the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), we develop innovative and competitive solutions in response to the key needs of Luxembourg and European companies. Our institute is constantly developing. It is a necessity due to technological and social change, industrial evolution, and an ever-changing list of challenges and opportunities. We are member of the European Association of Research and Technology Organisations (EARTO). As such, we establish a link between research and society as a whole. Our approach is to ensure that transfers take place between these two spheres. LIST's mission is to strengthen the economy through industrial innovation in Luxembourg, and to deliver projects benefitting society and quality of life in general. We draw our strength from our employees. More than 75% are researchers and innovation experts. They are organised in three research departments which represent the backbone of our activity as a RTO.
- Medical University of LodzThe Medical University of Lodz (MUL) is a renowned, attractive scientific and educational centre in the European Research Area, focused on promoting research and developing innovative health-promoting solutions for the epidemiological and socio-demographic challenges faced by our society. The University’s clinical facilities include three well acclaimed hospitals, all of them highly rated in national rankings. MUL provides education to future doctors and specialists in medical and paramedical fields, carries out R&I projects, and provides research services. The University’s research and development activities show dynamic growth. As reflected by top positions in rankings that evaluate both the publication and citation impact. Since 2015 the University is a member of the international EIT Health consortium (www.eithealth.eu) with aim to support entrepreneurship and create innovations in the areas of healthy lifestyle and active aging, as well as seeking ways to improve the quality of life in Europe. Scientific projects carried out at the university, based on the concept of the knowledge triangle, are continuing in new, integrated educational programs, as well as in cooperation with business.
- Meotec GmbH & Co. KGMeotec is a company within the field of medical technology and provides you with biodegradable magnesium alloys for medical applications, high performance materials (e.g. UFG titanium via ECAP and rotary swaging), laser powder bed fusion of magnesium alloys and special surface treatments (e.g. plasma-electrolytic oxidation). Besides the medical applications we also work on industrial solutions.