The tool allows the automation, registration and evaluation of the “Functional Skills Detection Scale in children 0-6 years old” (e-EarlyCare) and the development of personalized programs through a web application. This application is aimed at professionals from Early Care centers, specific to Special Education and other centers that carry out interventions at an early age. In addition, it can be applied in other centers such as Nursing Homes, Modular Injury Rehabilitation Centers, etc.
New and innovative aspects
The objective of the application is the automation, registration and evaluation of the Functional Skills Detection Scale in users with ages of evolutionary development of 0-6 years and, as a result of the evaluation, the specification of the priority functional areas for intervention therapy, through a web application (eEarlyCare Therapeutic Program).
This application allows the correction and interpretation of the user's development in the 11 dimensions of functional analysis that the Scale measures: Autonomy in feeding, Personal care and hygiene, Autonomy in dressing and undressing, Toilet control, Functional mobility, Communication and Language, Social interaction skills, Interactive and symbolic game, Routines of daily life, Adaptive behavior and Attention.
In addition, it provides a personalized intervention program for each user that covers the different functional areas in which affectation has been detected.
Main advantages of its use
- It allows the automation of registration and interpretation, which facilitates its use by professionals from Early Care centers, Specific Special Education Centers and other centers that carry out interventions at these ages, depending on Town Halls, Provincial Councils or Autonomous Communities.
- The interpretation of the results occurs practically in real time to know the functional development of the user.
- It allows the individualized monitoring of a user and the comparison of the development in the functional abilities of different users of the same center.
- The technologies used for the development of the web application facilitate high-quality visualizations and interactivity and allow the storage of data in file bases or in the cloud.
- The technology makes it possible to carry out more complex statistical analyzes with the application of supervised Machine Learning techniques (classification and / or regression) and unsupervised (Clustering) through the export of files to more powerful statistical packages. In particular, classification techniques are very useful for the personalized learning proposal.
- Its use makes it possible to enhance the efficiency and profitability of the resources of the center where it is implemented.
- The application is oriented to a desktop environment due to its ease of installation and necessary resources.
- The expansion allows the development of personalized therapeutic intervention programs in the areas in which affectation has been detected.
The application created consists of a functional skills development scale (EHFI), an algorithm for correction and interpretation through visualization graphs and a software (eEarlyCare Therapeutic Program) for recording, interpretation and visualization of the results of the user's evaluation to ages 0-6 years in functional skills. This software allows the intervention professional to carry out quarterly evaluations on the development of users, both individually and in groups. All this information is represented in graphics that can be exported to png and / or pdf format. Also, it supports the export of evaluation records to Excel sheets. Likewise, the application is offered in a bilingual Spanish-English format.
Potential applications of the software created are as follow:
- The automation of the measurement of functional abilities in users with developmental ages 0-6 years.
- Specification of the priority functional areas for therapeutic intervention in the user.
- Individualized monitoring of evaluation in the acquisition of said functional abilities in a user and/or a group of users in education or therapy centers in development ages 0-6 years.
- Chronological age may be higher, which is why the radius of intervention is also extended to people with involutive pathologies such as senile, presenile dementias or affectations in the areas of autonomy.
- Its use would also be applicable in nursing homes or rehabilitation centers for spinal cord injuries, with the aim of studying the evolution of these functional abilities in pathologies such as presenile and senile dementias (Alzheimer's ...), stroke, stroke, spinal cord injuries, etc.
Intellectual property status
Protected by intelectual property BU-120-20
Current development status
Software already developed and constantly improving.
Desired business relationship
Commercial Agreement, License Agreement, Technical Cooperation: further development; Technical Cooperation: testing new applications; Technical Cooperation: adaptation to specific needs.