Summary of the technology
Instrumentation for analytical spectrometry has evolved dramatically in terms of sensitivity and miniaturization in recent years, making the instrumentation more compact and versatile for both desktop and field applications. However, signal quality worsens under mechanical fluctuations or energetic movements of the instrument, which yields inaccurate measurements.
This invention tries to solve this problem of signal and can be applied to all kind of stand-off analytical instrumentation with an open optical path.
Details of the Technology Offer
- The invention makes it possible to carry out spectroscopic measurements when the sample, the measuring equipment, or both are subjected to vibration.
- Detection limits for spectroscopic measurements are orders of magnitude better than those for visual inspection, so chemical análisis may save valuable time in many cases.
- New In-field/In-situ instruments and applications are possible thanks to signal stabilization.
- Remote spectrometric measurements from UAV or other autonomous vehicles. Detection of metals in general and in particular, of toxic/heavy metals.
- Corrosion detection. Surveillance and control of structures for the prevention and safety of civil Works (concrete bridges, dams) and power networks (electrical towers or catenaries).
- Chemical screening of high-value parts in scrap piles.
- Detection of energetic compounds (explosive residues), and detection of contamination/corrosion in nuclear plants, among others.
Desired business relationship
Intellectual property status