Summary of the technology
The research group in Intelligent Systems GSI, from the Automatic Department of Alcalá University, proposes a solution for telecare and telemedicine based on a network of sensors, an autonomous robot and a health database, designed to prevent accidents of dependent people in an efficient way and offering solutions to different needs still not covered in the market.
This service focuses on dependent patients and their caregivers to improve their quality of life. The system also proposes e- health databases for new medical applications with large data volumes.
New and innovative aspects
So far, the solutions offered to dependent people consist of an emergency necklace button or an emergency phone button (with or without GPS). Both are active systems where the patient has an important role.
Our system presents a new alarm management for the benefit of patients and caregivers allowing a better market positioning, scalability in health care environments and reducing travel expenses.
- A new level of telecare 3.0 that implements e- health and telepresence databases.
- A robotic solution that implements telepresence
- A web platform as a tool for caregivers
- A passive rol of the patient in using the system
An effective management of potential patient falls and alarms by monitoring with
a sensor network WSN.
Main advantages of its use
Accidents, patient position, pulse, symptoms and other variable as well as Big Data solutions can be detected by a Sensor Network (WSN).
In addition, having a robotic solution allows performing telepresence setting optical - ear canals between patient and caregiver minimizing travel costs.
We propose a set of innovative tools for companies of telecare and medical assistance. These tools consist of three parts to achieve three objectives:
- Implement telepresence in patients' homes. With telepresence, caregivers can quickly contact with patients which means a significant reductions in travel expenses.
- Provide real-time alerts on the status of patients.
- Elaborate medical reports on the behavior of patients.
The three parts of the system are:
- An autonomous and telecontrolled robot that implements radio telepresence.
- A network of sensors to monitor the patient unobtrusively thus achieving the acquisition of important variables on the patient
A web platform that allows caregivers to manage the system. By intelligence artificial, the web platform provides alarms and medical reports. In addition, caregivers can control the telepresence robot therefrom.
- Telecare and medical assistance
Intellectual property status
The group has the secret know how of the technology
Current development status
The technology is in the development phase
Desired business relationship
The group seeks for collaborations and commercial agreements with companies of telecare and medical assistance. Our role is being producers of technology through trade agreements offering also advice and new solutions.