Summary of the technology
Research expertise includes in vitro and in vivo evaluation of potential activity and efficacy of anti-microbial, antifungal and anti-yeast substances; Research services on animal models for experimental infections; XTT assays for determination of toxic effects; ELISA tests for exploration
of various host responses.
Project ID : 12-2012-350
Description of the technology
Prof. Segal's laboratory is in the Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology at the Sackler School of Medicine.
The focus of the Lab. is research of human and animal pathogenic fungi (Candida, Aspergillus, Dermatophytes), exploring particularly antifungal drugs, pathogenesis and host-pathogen interactions.
The lab. has proficiency and expertise in:
• General microbiological technology, with emphasis on fungi – yeasts and molds
• In vitro evaluation of activity of potential anti-microbial substances
• In vivo animal models for experimental infections
• Evaluation in vivo of efficacy of potential anti-microbial substances
• XTT assays for determination of toxic effects
• ELISA tests for exploration of various host responses
All of the above may be considered for potential industrial services.
Prof. Esther Segal
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
Sackler School of Medicine
Tel Aviv University
Tel Aviv 69978, Israel