Summary of the technology
Behavioral test services including pain, cognition, memory and motility in schizophrenia, depression and anxiety, and Carageenan-induced inflammation and pain. Ex vivo brain tissue services include brain tissue dissection and analysis, and protein analysis.
Project ID : 12-2011-201
Description of the technology
Laboratory of Biological Psychiatry & Behavioral research- Felsenstein Institute
Main Research Topics
Cognition, Memory, Social behavior, Motility.
Disease: Schizophrenia, Anxiety, Neuropathy pain and Depression
Drug Development: Schizophrenia, Depression, Cognition, Pain
The lab is well equipped with the required instruments for molecular and cellular research. At the institute, we have a modern animal room and a specific lab for animal behavior research, including a Noldus digital system.
The lab is lead by experienced, skillful and professional personnel:
• Dr Irit Gil-Ad PhD having expertise in psychopharmacology
•Dr Michal Taller PhD, an expert in molecular biology and proteomic research
Available Research Services
In vivo - Behavioral tests (main);
• Open Field – testing Depression, Anxiety, Motility
• Elevated plus maze – testing Anxiety
• Forced Swim Test – testing Depression
• Chronic mild stress – testing Depression
• Morris water maze - testing Cognition and Memory
• MK801 or PCP –induced hyper activity - testing Schizophrenia
• Hot plate – testing Pain
• Carageenan induced inflammation - testing pain and inflammation
Ex Vivo Brain Research
• Brain tissues are dissected and analyzed for specific protein using western blot or PCR methods
• Proteins routinely analyzed; BDNF, TRKb, Bcl2, ERK, Jun, IGF-1 and others
Campus Rabin Medical Center
Tel: 03-9376275 Fax: 03-9376134
The lab of Biological psychiatry is located at the Felsenstein Medical Research Center
in the vicinity of the Rabin Medical Center (Beilinson) Campus, Petah-Tikva.
Institute and Lab Director - Prof. Abraham Weizman, MD
Head of Research Team: Dr Irit Gil-Ad, PhD |email@example.com
Students Instructor: Dr Michal Taler, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org