Summary of the technology
The research group "Electronic engineering applied to renewable energy systems", has developed controllers and communications systems for power electronic converters that operate as an interface to the power supply systems in order to improve power quality, to facilitate the efficient use of energy and to impulse the expansion of smart grids. The group is looking for technical cooperation agreements.
New and innovative aspects
- Communications systems that allow high-level control systems for power quality improvement or renewable energy sources.
- Development of algorithms to verify grid operation codes.
- Development of algorithms to detect isolated mode of operation.
- Algorithms to optimize the quality of electrical energy.
- Algorithms to compensate harmonics and phase shift factor.
- Control and communications in intelligent networks (smart grids)
- Energy efficiency in rail transport
Main advantages of its use
This is a research group with an extensive experience in the development of projects related to the control and implantation of communications of convertors of power, used in systems of improvement of the quality of the electric power and also for renewable sources of energy.
The research group "Electronic engineering applied to renewable energy systems", has worked since 2005 on projects with both public and private companies in the development of communication and control systems for power electronic converters that operate as interface with the power grid, to improve the quality of electric power (power quality) and to integrate renewable energy sources. The technology developed addresses issues such as remote control of converters, application of grid codes in the case of grid faults, operation and compensation of voltage sags, power factor compensation and harmonic, etc.
- Power electronic converters that operate as an interface to the power supply systems in order to improve power quality, to facilitate the efficient use of energy and to impulse the expansion of smart grids.
About Universidad de Alcalá-OTRI
Research & Technology Organization from SpainUniversidad de Alcalá-OTRI
The Technology Transfer Office at Alcalá University serves as a liaison between the University and its socioeconomic environment in terms of research and innovation. It encorages collaboration between research groups from universities and companies/institutions, with the objective to promote actions of R&D and technology support. Its mission is to promote and enhance research activities of the University of Alcalá and to encourage the dissemination and transfer of knowledge generated to society. Some of the services offered by this office are specified in the following list: - Promotion of R & D and the relationships with companies. - Promote the participation in R & D projects applicants to public calls (regional, national and European). - Advising, processing and monitoring of patents and other forms of industrial protection. - Support in the negotiation of contracts and agreements for R&D&i