We are working with a European product development company that seeks to understand the stability of the materials considered for use in their prototype devices. The client therefore requires contractors with expertise in safety evaluations of such materials (may include polymers, ceramics, organics, etc). The devices frequently contain heating elements, and so service providers are required to provide inhalation toxicology safety and risk assessment services for materials that could be used by the company, and in eventual products for human contact. No recommendation is required by the service provider.
Details of the Technology Call
Scientists (either individually or from an organisation), will require demonstrable experience in: -
- Safety evaluations of devices for consumer use (from a toxicology evaluations environment or other suitable/similar safety assessment field) - experience in the medical device, cosmetic, or toy sectors would be an advantage
- Determining the safety risk of heating different materials and identifying the possible emissions and their potential health risk via inhalation
Appropriate providers will be required to deliver summary information from databases and other reference materials in a pre-determined format (including citations) for subsequent review and assessment by the client company. Such information could include:
- Existing toxicology data on materials / ingredients
- Emissions associated with heating (up to 350°C)
- Thermal degradation products
- Inhalation limits and toxicology exposure limits
The client company requires ongoing capabilities in this area, and is keen to establish working relationships with service providers who can perform evaluations rapidly (1-2 weeks) from request. They are not required to have toxicology testing or laboratory-based analytical services, but this capability could be of interest for subsequent work. There is no limitation geographically, but client has a natural preference for local (i.e. European) providers if laboratory-based analytical services are to be utilised.
About Strategic Allies Ltd.
Innovation Intermediary from United KingdomStrategic Allies Ltd.
Open Innovation Consultancy Company searching on behalf of multi-national, manufacturing clients.
Technology Calls on Innoget are directly posted and managed by its members as well as evaluation of proposals.
Innoget is the trusted open innovation and science network aimed at directly connect industry needs with professionals online.