Summary of the technology
It is a process that, with a simple set of unitary operations, allows to get extracts with high triterpenic acids contents , from crude extracts of eucalyptus bark. This process can be easily integrated with existing pulp production, allowing even the subsequent exploitation of bark for energy production.
Description of the technology
The present method makes use of a simple set of unitary operations that allow an efficient, selective and economic extraction of triterpenic acids from eucalyptus bark. In addition, it makes usage of agro-industrial residues which are normally under exploited. The process can be easily integrated in the industries where the residues are abundant.
The present invention refers to an innovative process that allows obtaining extracts with high content of triterpenic acids from the outer bark of eucalyptus. The extracted compounds have a high commercial value as its is difficult to access to sources abundant in these compounds ( eg agro-industrial residues), it is difficult to obtain rich extracts or high purity extracts and they have numerous applications in cosmetics and phitopharmaceutical industries.
Main advantages of its use
- Easily integrated in the existing industry
- Environment friendly - waste residues usage
- Green technology - elimination of organic solvents utilization
- Simple set of unitary operations is used for extraction
- Phyto-pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry (product consumers)
- Pulp industry (producers of eucalyptus bark)