Summary of the technology
The subject of the offer is measuring the concentration of particulate matter in the ambient air in a real time. The sensors are regularly calibrated, which makes the results much more reliable.
Applications: environmental protection, smart buildings and cities
Description of the technology
The subject of the invention is universal network of sensors adapted to measure the concentration of particulate matter in the atmospheric air. Dust concentrations which are suspended in the airis monitored in three mass categories:
PM1 - particles with a size of 1 micrometer or smaller
PM2.5 - particles with a size of 2.5 micrometers or smaller
PM10 - particles of 10 micrometersor smaller,
and number of particles per volume unit in 6 categories of pollen diameters: > 0.3 μm,> 0.5 μm,> 1.0 μm,> 2.5 μm,> 5.0 μm,> 10.0 μm
The system also allows to measure temperature, humidityand pressure. The measurement results can be observed on-line on the website: http://tymoddycham.uj.edu.pl What is important, in comparison to similar solutions existing on the market, the sensors can be regularly calibrated, which makes the results much more reliable.
The advantages of technology are the following:
- low cost of use;
- very quick start of field measurement;
- maintenance-free work of the station;
- access to on-line measurement results;
- sampling data with a resolution of 1 minute;
- auto-location (have GPS receivers);
- time synchronization (three sources: stable RTC clock, internet network, GPS signal);
- power supply or battery(6V
- stations can work stationary or on a mobile platform (buses);
- we have a calibration system that enables periodic calibration of sensors.
Further development of the invention is performed at the Department of Experimental Computer Physics, Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University. Centre for Technology CITTRU is looking for entities interested in licensing and application of the technology described above.
Centre Technology Transfer CITTRU
Technology Transfer Office
Additional information (attached documents)