Cheaper alternative, versatile, with the quality required for fundamental studies and applications.
- Very high quality of epitaxial (bi)layers, down to 4 nm, comparable to PLD.
- Outstanding homogeneity (over 1" substrate) and very affordable alternative to high-vacuum tech.
- Yttrium Iron Garnet (YIG) over GGG; ZnO over sapphire.
- Ferroelectric BiFeO3 on LSMO. Manganites, cobaltites and their combinations
- Combined with MBE, e.g. Multilevel device integrated on silicon: Small, 2017, 1701614, cover (http://doi.org/10.1002/smll.201770208).
CHALLENGE: Optimization of device performances while keeping an affordable production cost.
We propose a cheaper alternative, or complementary to physical methods as MBE, PLD, sputtering... See our Review: J. Mater. Chem. C, 2018, 6, 3834-3844.
> High quality epitaxial thin-films/bilayers, down to 4 nm thick. Outstanding homogeneity in large areas (PoC 1" substrate), comparable to PLD. Complex epitaxial nanostructured oxides with new functionalities.
> Reduce processing costs.
> Stabilization of heavy cations like Iridium. Synthesis of nitrides: CrN, TiN, oxonitrides.
> Incorporating nanoparticles to modulate thermal conduction in the films.
> Adapt this method to deposition in flexible substrates.