Summary of the technology
Cheaper alternative, versatile, with the quality required for fundamental studies and applications.
- Very high quality of epitaxial (bi)layers, down to 4 nm, comparable to PLD.
- Outstanding homogeneity (over 1" substrate) and very affordable alternative to high-vacuum tech.
- Yttrium Iron Garnet (YIG) over GGG; ZnO over sapphire.
- Ferroelectric BiFeO3 on LSMO. Manganites, cobaltites and their combinations
- Combined with MBE, e.g. Multilevel device integrated on silicon: Small, 2017, 1701614, cover (http://doi.org/10.1002/smll.201770208).
Description of the technology
CHALLENGE: Optimization of device performances while keeping an affordable production cost.
We propose a cheaper alternative, or complementary to physical methods as MBE, PLD, sputtering... See our Review: J. Mater. Chem. C, 2018, 6, 3834-3844.
> High quality epitaxial thin-films/bilayers, down to 4 nm thick. Outstanding homogeneity in large areas (PoC 1" substrate), comparable to PLD. Complex epitaxial nanostructured oxides with new functionalities.
> Reduce processing costs.
> Stabilization of heavy cations like Iridium. Synthesis of nitrides: CrN, TiN, oxonitrides.
> Incorporating nanoparticles to modulate thermal conduction in the films.
> Adapt this method to deposition in flexible substrates.
Additional information (attached documents)
About Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
Technology Transfer Office from SpainUniversidade de Santiago de Compostela
The CiQUS (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain), addresses challenges in Biological and Medicinal Chemistry, New functional Materials and Synthetic Technologies for Sustainable Development.
CiQUS hosts 20 research groups, including 5 ERC projects.
> 90-100 papers/yr, average Impact Factor IF=7,10 JCR. 82%Q1, 45%D1 (2016-2017).
> 2014-2017: 4,70 M €/yr from competitive R&D funds (27% international, 18% private), 16 patents, 2 licenses, 3 spin-offs.