Artificial vision system and data capture for counting people in adverse environmental conditions. The real time data is used to analyse the occupation or people flows in a reliable way, becoming a tool to improve the decision making more efficiently.
New and innovative aspects
People counting systems with real time information, are used to make decisions in multiple sectors as commerce, public transport, museums or other public spaces.
The obtained data is useful to make a detailed analysis of people flows, spots of concentration, buying habits, marketing influence and furthermore, to optimize material and human resources.
To ensure the system is working properly in adverse brightness situations ensuring the operability and the data collection. Thus, the system becomes a reliable choice to control people in an enclosure.
Main advantages of its use
- Contributes with real time information of people flow and attendance in commerce, public transport, museums, etc.
- Allows analysing automatically de people flow with video cameras.
- Makes it easier to control de concurrence and making decisions in halls or vehicles.
- Functionality granted in adverse brightness conditions.
Artificial vision system to detect and counting people transiting through a limited area. Images are captured using cameras and they are automatically analysed by computer vision.
Those solutions requires high calculus power, while the system is able to select those images in a video sequence stable enough to extract information. Over these images, an approximation with rectangles is made in those zones where movement is detected, and a filter discerns if it is a person.
The system also can perform a tracking of the flow of people in an establishment or an enclosure, using the image analysis explained above. Moreover, automatic decision making can be implemented, for example: warning if the maximum capacity or traffic is exceeded.
- Access and concurrency control in establishments: Commerce, museums, public transport and other sites.
- Analysis of effectiveness of marketing campaigns and other buyer influence factors.
- Optimization of resources by clients or assistants presence.
Intellectual property status
Property register BU-43-17.
Current development status
Proof of concept. Evaluation of results.
Desired business relationship
Commercial agreement; License agreement; Technical cooperation: further development; Technical cooperation: testing new applications; Technical cooperation: adaptation to specific needs.