Summary of the technology
This device allows a faster diagnosis, more efficient and more economic than the alternative proceeding. Its design allows obtaining reliable and accurate information on the degree of fouling and biofouling that membranes of the unit are developing without sacrificing any of them.
Its quick placement and removal allows distribute these devices in the facility to improve the management of the facility. It is possible even operate with difference type of membrane for doing comparative studies of resistance to fouling with a view to introducing future changes of the type of membrane in the desalinization plant
Description of the technology
Device for quick and easy donning and removal that allows to analyze the fouling in desalination plants (brackish-water and sea water) or plants with microfiltration (MF) and ultrafiltration (UF) that use membranes in spiral configuration. This device prevents having to remove and sacrifice elements of membrane to cope the autopsy. Using it, improves the management and operation of the plants of membranes to provide current and quickly information about the effect of the conditions of operation on the membranes, saving time and money. Its potential users are manufacturers of membranes, accessories and desalination. The owner seeks for partners to spin-off, willing to sign license agreement or purchase agreement
The patented device can be adapted to the units of water treatment that use membranes in spiral configuration, because that is placed inside the pressured containers using for the reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, ultrafiltration and microfiltration. This sampling devices can be placed in both ends of the same pressured container or in several containers of a system with one, two or three stages, in that way would be possible characterize the degree of contamination of a stage or of the entire system, or even evaluate the evolution of the membranes in a treatment plant to over time.
Main advantages of its use
- The use of this device allows a monitoring of systems of filtration and water desalination and thus:- avoid the loss of efficiency of the water treatment process- prevent the growth in energy consumption by fouling of membranes- keep the quality of the filtered water- save time and materials associated with the monitoring unit of the membranesThe product patented is the key element of an alternative proceeding and simpler than the cumbersome protocol of removing, replace, move and open one or several elements of membrane to its autopsy.
- Construction of water projects
- Manufacture of soft drinks; production of mineral waters and other bottled waters
- Water collection, treatment and supply
- Water treatment equipment and waste disposal.Water, sewerage, chemical and solid waste treatment plants, specially for Desalinization Plant.