Development of spread recipe (with 0%, 5%, 10% or 15% milk fat content and mass fraction of fat 72,5%) that is most closely approximate to butter in terms of structural, rheological and organoleptic parameters.
Details of the Innovation Need
The increase in morbidity and mortality from cardiovascular diseases is a true challenge for modern society. The main reason for these tendencies has been proved to be excessive consumption of saturated fats, cholesterol, transisomers.
The content of saturated fatty acids in milk fat reaches 70 %, cholesterol up to 0.2 g/100 g, trans isomers up to 8 %.
Therefore, the main objective is to reduce or eliminate these components from the spread recipe, as well as to select the fat base and flavouring substances.
Flavour and odour - pronounced creamy and pasteurized taste, without off-flavours and odours;
Consistency - dense, plastic, homogeneous or insufficiently dense and plastic. The surface cut is shiny and dry in appearance;
Mass fraction of milk fat, % - 0, 5, 10, 15
Mass fraction of fat, % - 72.5
Mass fraction of polyunsaturated fatty acids, % - min. 15
Control method of obtained results:
- prepare and provide the customer with a final report with recipes, characteristics of raw materials, a detailed description of the production process (technological steps, parameters, equipment), cost calculation;
- reproduction of the product by specialists of the R&D Center of GC EFKO will be considered as confirmation of the developed recipe and technology;
- comparability of the sample taste score obtained according to the proposed recipe with conventional butter.
One of the largest food manufacturer with + 25 years presence on the market. The company employs approximately 18 thousand people and has 16 factories, its annual turnover is more than $3 billion
About Innovation Needs
Innovation Needs on Innoget are directly posted and managed by its members as well as evaluation of proposals. Innoget is the trusted open innovation and science network aimed at directly connect industry needs with professionals online.
Need help submitting your proposal or have questions regarding this Innovation Need?
Contact Innoget support
In the solution proposal submission form:
- Do not disclose confidential information that is not properly protected
- Explain and focus on the benefits of applying and/ or developing your solution or technology rather than how you will get into it
- Provide information about specific expected outcome, implementation or developing timeline and costs
- Explain about your track record on projects you have successfully worked related to this technology field
- Use pre-defined buttons to give specific details about your proposal “Stage of development”, “Commercial Information” and “Intellectual Property Status”