The project aim is to enable PepsiCo to meet the goal of cutting 40% of GHG emissions (against a 2015 baseline) by 2030 and achieve 100% net zero emissions by 2040. At this point, PepsiCo has achieved 25% GHG reduction with current technology without compromising performance and with little impact on cost.
PepsiCo is seeking a creative Next Generation Sustainable Cooler that meets these sustainability goals and has a smaller environmental footprint than the existing coolers. Additionally, PepsiCo is seeking to understand emerging technologies in this space that may be ready for commercialization within 5 years. PepsiCo is open to a broad range of solutions to reduce cooler GHG emissions that can apply throughout a cooler’s lifecycle, from manufacturing through to end-of-life.
Solutions may include novel designs or the innovation of individual cooler components such as condensers, insulation, materials, heat exchangers, etc.
Key focus areas:
- Innovative design of cooler or components
- Reduction of GHG emissions
- Energy use reduction
- Ability to cool contents quickly, at the same rate as current technology
- Applicable to all cooler styles –front opening swinging/sliding door, top opening door, etc.
- Cradle to grave solution – Sustainably sourced materials & technology with an environmentally sound end of life solution
Nice to Have:
- Commercial refrigeration technology
- Technology that may be transferred to Vending Machines
- Available/Mature technology tested in coolers, will consider developing technology
Possible Collaboration Types
PepsiCo is open to a range of collaboration types