PepsiCo’s business depends on water, and as such, we have a vested interest, and responsibility, to conserve and protect it at all points along our value chain.
PepsiCo is seeking technology/approaches to improve water use efficiency both in manufacturing and in agriculture and to replenish the water used in manufacturing to local watersheds. Technologies/approaches addressing water usage in agriculture, the manufacturing process or the processing of waste-water will be considered. Solutions may also include atmospheric water generation or unlocking use of “source” water (improved RO, ZLD, inexpensive filtration).
Key Success Criteria:
- Demonstrate a measurable and positive impact on the use of water in either manufacturing or agricultural processes and identify how this is achieved, or
- Demonstrate novel and innovative circular approach to water use within the manufacturing process. For example the reuse of process water in food manufacturing to achieve zero fresh water abstraction.
- Novel and innovative technologies that allow for treated waste-water to be returned to watersheds, recharged to groundwater, e.g. through constructed wetlands, or distributed to other users (circular water).
- Technologies must be applicable to the food industry.
- Experience with a global food and beverage company is not necessary but proof of concept from pilot plants is required.
Nice to have:
Commercial ready solution that does not affect current production
Reduction in the use of fresh water in agriculture or for the manufacturing process while maintaining current production levels, or
The ability to increase the (re)use of waste-water and its byproducts, or return clean waste water to watersheds or distributed to other users.