We would like to biodegradable film-forming agents (technology and/or ingredient ) in personal care formulations.
Seeking film-building properties and ideally film-building properties show water-resistance. They are not only biopolymer but also biodegradable polymers and non-polymeric solutions.
Details of the Technology Call
Evaluation criteria are:
Water resistancy and spreadability in personal care
- Non-persistent, preferably readily or inherently biodegradable
- Degrade to non-toxic components
- Approved or approvable for cosmetic use
NIce to have:
- Toxicology, genotoxicity, ecotoxicity and degradability data for the proposed compounds should be available
- Experimental data on water-resistance
Definition of words:
- Biodegradable : In accordance with OECD 301/302
- Film former : After application of personal care product on the skin, the products and/ or some ingredients could form the film on the skin.
- Water resistance : The film could not be dissolved in water and the film could protect our skin. Even if the film could be dissolved in water, it could be not completely washed out and could be some residue on the skin after water application, and then the products and/ or some ingredients could fix on the skin