We are looking for a packaging material innovation, to replace the current multi-material laminate sachet packaging of our CSDW water purification product. We are interested in packaging that is less persistent in Nature, while still providing the required high moisture barrier properties to safeguard the product’s efficacy.
The non-profit P&G Children’s Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) Program provides clean drinking water to children and families in need around the world.The program provides an easy-to-use water purification product to families who lack access to clean drinking water.
The P&G water purification technology is an amazing innovation that quickly turns 10 liters of dirty, potentially unsafe water into clean and drinkable water. The water purification technology was developed in collaboration with the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The CSDW product is a small sachet containing powdered ferric sulphate (flocculant) and calcium hypochlorite (disinfectant) to purify high turbidity water for safe water drinking purposes. The powdered mixture that has been proven to:
- Eliminate disease causing microorganisms
- Remove more than 99.9% of common waterborne bacteria, waterborne viruses and protozoa (including those that cause cholera and hepatitis A)
- Reduce diarrheal disease incidence in the developing world by up to 90%
- Remove dirt and other pollutants
- Make clean drinking water for the entire family, including infants. The World Health Organization classifies the technology as providing comprehensive protection.
Since 2004, P&G has provided more than 17 billion liters of clean water to people in need around the world through a diverse network of more than 150 partners including global emergency relief organizations, such as AmeriCares, CARE, IFRC, PSI, Save the Children and World Vision.