P&G is seeking products and technologies that contain a fast-moving, consumable product to adress symptoms related to menopause without requiring a prescription, including but not limited to: hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, brain fog, fatigue, weight gain, vaginal dryness, incontinence, and thinning hair.
Details of the Technology Call
Menopause for most women begins in their mid-40s. In developed countries, there are now more women over the age of 45 than under the age of 45. Nearly 1B women worldwide, roughly 40% of the world's female population, and 48MM women in the US alone are over the age of 45. Nearly 90% of them will experience symptoms of menopause driven by the loss of estrogen over time. However, due to lack of information, fear/inaccessibility of treatments, confusion and frustration, 50% of women do nothing to alleviate the sometimes debilitating discomfort and disruptions caused by menopause symptoms.
Provide women with the information, support, and treatments they need to embrace the change of menopause without fear, frustration, or confusion.
We are looking for
- Solutions for key symptoms of menopause and female aging
- Product forms including Topicals, Supplements, Medical Foods, Medical Devices or other regulatory classification that does not require a prescription
- Meaningful and measurable efficacy
- Consumer-noticeable benefit in an acute/fast manner
- Early consumer or clinical studies
- Confirmed human safety
- Identified regulatory path with primary data needed for FDA approval
- Clear point of disctinction versus current market alternatives
Ideal solution will
- Be non-estrogenic (does not activate estrogen receptors)
- Have IP protection (granted or filed patent applications are preferred), know how, trade secret, exclusive agreements or some other form of business protection
- Be a Non-GMO approach to increase function/activity of biologicals
- Have a novel ingredient delivery approach
- Include a consumable product with demonstrated consumer appeal