The global home insecticide market is dominated by chemicals that are toxic to insects, people, and pets. P&G Ventures is interested in insect control products and technologies that are non-toxic to people and pets, yet perform as well or better than their toxic counterparts.
P&G is interested in all segments of insect control (contact killer, barriers, traps, on-body repellents and foggers) and managing the following insects: House Flies, Mosquitoes, Fruit Flies, Stink Bugs, Bed Bugs, Roaches, Ants, Moths, Gnats, Spiders, Silverfish, Centipedes, Millipedes.
Details of the Innovation Need
We are looking for insect control technologies that
- Are non-toxic to people and pets
- Kill on contact
- Create barriers
- Can be used Indoors and outside the home
- Will not impact beneficial species (such as: bees, fish, butterflies).
- Have a clear point of disctinction versus current market alternatives
Ideal solution will
- Deliver a competitive advantage versus existing/known technologies
- Have IP protection (granted or filed patent applications are preferred), know how, trade secret, exclusive agreements or some other form of business protection
- Have experimental evidence of efficacy
- Use ingredients from the FIFRA 25b exempt list (Non 25B are less preferred but also acceptable.)
- Have a unique form or formulation