As a participant of the upcoming symposium “2nd GCCIR Matchmaking Symposium” organized by Innoget and GCCIR next November 25th, 2019 in Barcelona (Spain), the company TransRail Innovation Group (TRIG) is seeking European partners to meet at the Barcelona event to develop a joint collaboration project.
TRIG is specifically interested in European partners to support the development of the next generation XLoad 5.0 radar sensor, IIoT software platform technology partners to support rail logistics, and/or partners to understand the certifications required to build, test, and deploy new disruptive technology for the European rail industry . Further details are described below.
In case you are interested in meeting TRIG in Barcelona to discuss a potential collaboration, please register for free to the symposium clicking the “Register to the symposium” button above.
Details of the Technology Call
TransRail Innovation Group is a sensor manufacturer and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) service provider.
TRIG’s products and services are focused on the rail industry. In particular, TRIG provides sensors and services that improve the efficiency and safety of transporting hazardous goods in rail tank cars. TRIG provides visibility from the inside out.
TRIG is the only electronics manufacturer in North America to build/assemble sensors that measure inside a rail tank car.
The company’s products include:
- TLoad Sensor (80 GHz radar sensor): measures the fill inside a tank car during transloading to optimize the fill without opening the tank car.
- XLoad Sensor (25 GHz radar sensor): monitors the level and status of a tank car in transit (allows operators to optimize tank car fleet utilization.
- Multi-Protocol Gateway: Enables communication between devices (LoRa, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LTE, Satellite, Zigbee, etc.).
- Load Planner
- Fleet Capacity Management
On the other side, TRIG Technology Expertise includes RADAR and electromagnetics, wireless protocols (cellular, satellite, GPS, Bluetooth, LoRa, etc.), electronics manufacturer with HAZLOC certifications, firmware, software, Artificial Intelligence (e.g. Robotic Process Automation, etc.).
Thus, the company is seeking relationships to pursue three primary objectives:
- To support the development of the next generation XLoad 5.0 sensor.
- To find potential IIoT software platform technology partners to that can support rail logistics.
- To understand the certifications required to build, and deploy, new disruptive technology for the European rail industry.
Preferences / Requirements for Potential European Partner(s)
The following are the important aspects TRIG is looking for in a European partner:
- To support the development of the next generation XLoad 5.0 sensor:
- Technical parameters for XLoad 5.0: 80 GHz Level Probing Free Space Radar, IoT Enabled (modular wireless protocol, battery powered), engineered and certified for mounting to rail pressure tank cards (HAZLOC Zone 0/1, Flange seal to 500 psi, embedded VRV functionality)
- Technology Expertise sought: electromagnetics (80 GHz engineering and testing), wireless communications (specific to European infrastructure), low power engineering, HAZLOC engineering, mechanical design for rail fittings)
- To find potential IIoT software platform technology partners that can support rail logistics:
- Partner has existing IIoT software platform to support transportation logistics
- Partner interested to invest in global rail logistics opportunity
- To understand the certifications required to build, test, and deploy new disruptive technology for the European rail industry:
- Specific requirements to allow mounting on rail tank cards thtat penetrate the encasement
- HAZLOC Zone 0/1 and Wireless communications