We are looking for a technical solution that can quickly detect the microbiological content of the refrigerator (surfaces of refrigerator walls, air ducts, etc.).
Details of the Technology Call
During the use of the refrigerator, microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, and yeasts can grow. The amount of bacteria on the wall surface of the refrigerator may even reach 100,000,000 CFU/cm2, which may affect the storage of ingredients. Consumers are increasingly concerned about the bacteria inside the refrigerator. They hope that the refrigerator can be equipped with sterilization functions. Every refrigerator brand is also introducing various types of sterilization and antibacterial functions, but the specific effects cannot be perceived by users. At present, we hope to find a method based on fluorescent detection of bacteria and discuss the prospects for the assessment of the total amount of bacteria inside home appliances. We need a technical solution that can quickly detect the microbiological content of the refrigerator (surfaces of refrigerator walls, air ducts, etc.).
1. Detection method: It is limited to ultraviolet (intrinsic) fluorescent detection of bacterial methods, using ultraviolet light to irradiate bacteria to detect the intrinsic fluorescence intensity of bacteria.
2. Detection position: It is not limited to measuring the solid surface (if the instrument itself is used to measure bacteria in the liquid, but it can be easily modified to measure the solid surface).
3. Detection accuracy: do not make specific requirements for the time being; detect closed space (about 200L) or the surface (such as the refrigerator wall, etc.) of the total number of colonies.
4. Detection area: do not require single-point detection for the time being or imaging of bacteria in a certain area.
5. Service life requirements: 8-10 years.
6. Other requirements: do not use consumables; no manual operation; the module has the possibility of miniaturization.
7. Working in the refrigerator under refrigeration conditions (5 °C, 40% ~ 95% RH) operation.
Possible solution areas
- Ultraviolet (intrinsic) fluorescent detection of bacterial methods
- Cultivation methods and derivative technologies;
- Consumption of chemical reagents / consumables;
- Other high cost detection and analysis methods.
Large Enterprise from ChinaHaier
Founded in Qingdao, China in 1984, Haier now has become the world’s largest home appliance manufacturer, with its major product lines ranging from refrigerator, freezer, water heater, air conditioner, washing machine, kitchen appliances and many other small appliances. Currently, the Group’s major brands include Haier, Casarte, GE Appliances, Aqua, Fisher & Paykel, and Leader. Each brand has its own market position and provides outstanding user experiences for end users.
In the age when open innovation is becoming ever more present, the company is also exploring disruptive innovation in many aspects. In terms of R&D, Haier holds the principle that “The world is our R&D center” and now has established 10 R&D centers all around the world, including 3 in North America, 1 in Germany, 2 in China, 1 in South Korea, 1 in Japan, 1 in India and 1 in New Zealand. Each R&D center can be regarded as a technology integrator and all together they form into a global network to bring continuous advanced and disruptive technologies to Haier.
Haier Open Partnership Ecosystem (HOPE) is an open innovation platform of Haier Group. It engages over 3.8 million technology resources and over 400,000 registered users, and generates over 6,000 creative ideas each year. The platform is dedicated to providing services for global innovators and maximizing the interests of all parties by integrating global resources and facilitating the transformation of these good ideas.
We sincerely welcome organizations, universities, companies to be part of our open innovation process to make best use of their talents and gain benefits from the cooperation between us.
Technology Calls on Innoget are directly posted and managed by its members as well as evaluation of proposals.
Innoget is the trusted open innovation and science network aimed at directly connect industry needs with professionals online.