Senior Manager Scientific Affairs - Toxicologist, North America Foods & LATAM
Job Title: Senior Manager Scientific Affairs - Toxicologist, North America Foods & LATAM
Job Location: Flexible: Plano, TX; Valhalla, NY; relocation assistance may be provided
- Provide toxicological expertise and guidance to PFNA and LATAM teams, including recommendations on the safety and suitability of ingredients, processes, and products
- Develop scientific strategies to enable pre-market innovation of novel ingredients and technologies ensuring consumer safety
- Deliver accurate and efficient technical post-market support on matters relating to ingredient and product safety
- Communicate highly technical toxicological guidance to similarly trained as well as non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization including R&D and cross-functional leadership teams
- Work with external organizations, notably trade associations and scientific institutions, to develop and promote science-based policies which support the business’ strategic direction
- Actively contribute to the identification (Horizon Scanning) and implementation of scientific strategies for the management of emerging ingredient and contaminant issues relevant to PepsiCo
- Actively monitor and integrate new scientific developments and risk assessment approaches relevant to PepsiCo’s goals and priorities
- PhD in Toxicology, pharmacology, or other related science
- In depth understanding and skill in toxicological risk assessment: familiarity with current and evolving risk assessment paradigms and ability to conduct and interpret risk assessments and coach others to do so
- Minimum five years of direct experience in the food industry is preferred, other consumer goods support will also be considered.
- Specific experience in toxicological risk assessment of ingredients, food contact materials, contaminants and pesticides
- External Affairs experience working with trade associations and/or scientific organizations preferred
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in the US and LATAM, including experience with the regional pre-market approval processes, is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to explain complex science to non-scientists and business leaders
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and execute efficiently
- Experience managing and mentoring others is desired
- Ability to build networks with industry, academic, and governmental counterparts
- Fluent in English and Spanish; Brazilian Portuguese considered
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Our R&D organization recognizes that both the talent of our people and the scope of our impact are great, and that sharing a set of beliefs elevates our ability to reach our goals and business objectives.
As such, we encourage each other to pursue innovative solutions without fear of failure and nurture a culture where talent development and continuous learning are key priorities. We’re a global team that works collaboratively across business silos and regions to deliver meaningful outcomes, smarter and faster—join us!
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- Project Manager