R&D Sr Engineer, Simulation
Step up to the biggest challenge of your career and realize your potential when your determination meets our dynamic culture.
This award winning modeling and simulation team is on an exciting journey to lead the PepsiCo R&D digital transformation. With the vision of delivering winning products through digital innovation, partnering with the food and beverage category teams, this team develops cutting edge technologies centered around Modeling and Simulation (MS) to deliver faster and better consumer centric solutions.
What’s in it for you?
A rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth in the world’s leading food and beverage company
What’s your role?
In this role, you will be using a combination of Physics Based Computer Simulation Tools, Advanced Statistics, Data Science, and First Principles Models to solve a wide variety of PepsiCo challenges. You will be developing and applying models of multi-scales to influence the key business decisions on process and/or product performance across a variety of businesses and product forms at PepsiCo. We are looking for someone with a strong background in using numerical methods to solve scientific and engineering problems.
- Deliver modeling and simulation projects using general purpose and specialized numerical software
- Design and develop innovative experiments to validate and improve models
- Collaborate with internal stake holders to influence business decisions using modeling tools;
- Work with external partners, software vendor, university, engineering firms, to develop technologies needed to fulfil PepsiCo needs
- Additional responsibilities in combining physics based simulation, sensor technology, data analytics (AI/ML) to deliver digitized innovation projects (digital twin)
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected Compensation range for this position is between $ 74,800- $110,300.
- Location confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Newly graduated MS or PhD with simulation concentration, or B.S. with 3+ years of hands on simulation experience
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Fundamental knowledge of numerical methods and physics-based simulation (CFD, FEA)
- Hands on experience with commercial software - CFD (ANSYS FLUENT, STAR-CCM+), FEA (ABAQUS, ANSYS Mechanical), DEM (ROCKY, EDEM), COMSOL
- Experience designing and conducting physical testing required to formulate and/or calibrate models, i.e. Wind tunnel, mechanical testing, thermal measurements, Data Acquisition, High speed imagery etc.
- Experience with Python, Matlab, R, JMP a plus
- Experience with Virtual reality, KeyShot, Unity, Unreal a plus
- Knowledge and experience in food/beverage production and process engineering a plus – extrusion, drying, frying, mixing, filling, food safety
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners in a global setup
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- R&D Manager