R&D Senior Scientist
Job Title R&D Senior Scientist
Around the world, we’re working hard to give people the tastes they desire and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. This Sensory and Consumer Product Insights Senior Scientist will:
• Work within team of Sensory Scientists and Coordinators to lead Sensory and Consumer Product Insights research for R&D teams to drive product, package and process design decisions.
• Develop and execute compelling research plans to enable clear product / process design decisions for product development, while working closely with cross functional partners to clarify proposition questions and to create joint learning plans as needed
• Ensure accurate documentation of test goals and objectives, test design, and testing procedures
• Summarize results, interpret, make recommendations and present results cross-functionally. Deliver recommendations based on the data to impact business decisions and influence the business agenda.
• Collaborate across SCPI to explore new capabilities which maximize productivity, increase agility, and drive new insights while sharing learnings across the broader organization
• COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Position Level L08
Percent Travel 10%
• Minimum of MS in Food Science, Food Engineering, Consumer Psychology, Market Research or related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in guiding consumer and sensory research in a major consumer packaged goods company.
• Growing knowledge of qualitative and quantitative consumer techniques, sensory testing methods, and appropriate data analysis procedures.
• Training and experience applying experimental design and statistics to sensory and consumer research
• Ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to interpret complex data and relate impact on the business
Relocation Eligible Not Eligible for Relocation
Country United States
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- R&D Manager