R&D Senior Packaging Engineer
The PepsiCo-Starbucks JV (North America Coffee Partnership "NACP") is a strategic partnership between PepsiCo and Starbucks in the ready to drink coffee category. The NACP provides a fast paced and collaborative environment which consistently delivers innovative, gold standard products to the market. This role will effectively build the experiences needed to grow your career and provide necessary tools for success in the future. Having fun while helping to drive and support the business needs is the signature of the NACP.
We are part of the broader PepsiCo family, which aims to be the global leader in beverages and convenient foods by winning with pep+, our initiative to make a positive impact on our people and our planet. We create meaningful opportunities to work, gain new skills and build successful careers. We believe our diverse culture is our greatest strength. Our multicultural and inclusive workplace empowers our associates, creates a respectful atmosphere, and leads to faster decisions. Our planet goals are designed to inspire positive change for the environment and provide planetary boundaries which guide our work. We are changing how we source our materials as well as how we make and sell our products. We are helping to build a circular economy and an inclusive value chain.
The Senior R&D Packaging Engineer role will develop and execute packaging optimization programs to deliver against PepsiCo’s Productivity agenda.
- Actively manage new packaging development and initial commercialization to deliver PepsiCo Packaging Productivity Strategy
- Cross-functional project leadership
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Develop understanding of strategic packaging components to support development of new packaging programs and contribute to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Lead development and maintenance of packaging specifications for all NACP formats
- Provided technical support for field issue resolution
- Provide technical support for package performance and cost improvements through proper lab and in plant testing
- Create development and initial commercialization timelines
Education & Experience
- BS in Packaging, Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics Engineering or equivalent with 3-4 years experience in related consumer goods field or MS with 1-2 years experience in related consumer goods field or PhD (newly graduated)
- Experience working with Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies a plus
- Broad knowledge of packaging materials and packaging manufacturing processes
- Analytical thinking
- Intellectual curiosity/Innovative thinking
- Moves well through ambiguity
- Planning and communication skills
- Communication/presentation skills
- Results driven
- Experience with various types of plastics forming with solid industry networks
- Experience with hot fill, cold fill, retort and aseptic packaging
- Experience with glass and aluminum
- Packaging with various beverage processing
- Strong track record of championing innovation within organizations
- Position will require flexibility in working hours set up and complete scale-ups, plant trials, or plant startups that may extend past typical working hours
- Travel mainly in North America however some international may be required to meet project and business objectives, 30% - 40%
*COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
- Expected salary range is $88,000 - $99,000 / year
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- R&D Manager