R&D Engineering Sr Technician
A responsible and enthusiastic individual to support R&D Breakthrough Process Function team, duties include by not limited to the following:
- Ensure labs comply with GMP guidelines and established operating sanitation standards including allergen management. Participate as a member of the safety committee and the food GMP committee to assure compliance in the labs (benchtop & pilot plant).
- Support the Breakthrough Process Development team on various lab activities, such as executing bench formulation as designed by engineers & scientists and running process equipment as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date equipment list and assist in identification of new equipment.
- Coordinate outside service of equipment maintenance as needed.
- Manage ingredient and lab supply inventory, as well as look for innovative and time saving ideas for the team to improve functionality and time management in the lab.
- Be the point person for specifications and other crucial documents for incoming materials.
- Maintain the schedule of activities in the labs in alignment with the team priorities. Must work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Must have ability to partner with colleagues to manage day to day priority changes.
- Demonstrates high sense of urgency for results.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Contributes to training and development of others.
- Effectively and independently manages his/her time and priorities.
- Micro & WinLims sample submissions
- Coordinate shipping in support of PD and Lab
- Other projects as assigned by Manager.
- Some travel might be required to support product developers and engineers
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- AAS Science / Engineering (or equivalent) & R&D labs experience; or 3+ years in food processing
- Computer proficiency required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change
- Knowledgeable of GMPS and lab safety
- Being a self-starter, can prioritize multiple priorities and being a creative thinker
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- Corporate Researcher
- R&D Manager