R&D Associate Engineer Pilot Plant
Development of RTD and powdered protein products for retail application from concept through commercialization.
- Apply development strengths to conduct product development work, which includes the development of bench top prototypes that are safe stable and legal. Needs to have ability to scale-up products for commercialization.
- Have the ability to develop beverage solutions in both powder and liquid formats.
- Conduct in depth research, create reports, and effectively communicate technical results to non-technical employees.
- Effectively conduct trouble shooting and root cause analysis for all product issues.
- Provide technical guidance and insight to cross functional team members to ensure seemless product execution.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, including timely and accurate status updates of development/research.
- Utilization of interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams
- Demonstrates ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives.
- Accurately maintains Laboratory notebook and follows all safety requirements (e.g. PPE)
- Ability to self initiate and manage multiple project tasks independently to meet business objectives and to support the individuals of the workgroup
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks by leveraging experience gained.
- Able to support and assess technical feasibility and development across multiple thermal process platforms i.e. low acid retort , low acid aseptic and powdered processing
- Development of complex beverage systems that incorporate knowledge of flavors (liquid and powdered)
- Ability to quickly learn, and leverage experience to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and formulation of complex beverage systems
- Laboratory notebook up to date and accurate containing all experiments including formulas and results
- Experience with RTD and powdered protein beverages desired.
- Experience with hydrocolloids and emulsifying systems desired for the development of protein based beverages.
- Ability to formulation dry blends and experience with dry blending to execute powdered beverage mixes.
- Ability to translate bench scale products (RTD and powdered) into commercial manufacturing scale
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and experience with building effective client/customer relationships.
- BS in a Food Science
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in product development
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding team working and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Internal positions most typically held prior to being considered for this position: Product Development Scientist with beverages and foods
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- R&D Manager