Project Researcher ( Ref MGMT 2021-03 CSOL)
- Job vacancy at Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia
- Tarragona, Tarragona, Spain
- Open until 2021-03-14
- Deadline completed
- Contact the job poster
The Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia (ICIQ) is seeking a project researcher.
ICIQ is committed to performing excellent research at the frontier of knowledge in the broad area of chemistry (Catalysis, Artificial Photosynthesis, Activation of Small Molecules, Photovoltaics, Functional Molecular Assemblies and Chemical Biology, from either theoretical or experimental perspectives). The institute also aims at training the future generation of scientists by offering high-quality educational programmes to master, PhD students and postdoctoral researchers (Full details on .
Our mission is to lead, from the vantage point of molecular science, cross-strategies for solving major social and economic challenges, such as climate change and sustainable supply of energetic and raw materials, thereby contributing to the establishment of a knowledge-based economy and improving citizens’ quality of life in our influence area.
ICIQ is looking for a researcher with a PhD in Chemistry, with experience in synthetic organic chemistry, photo-induced chemical transformations and handling of organometallic reagents and catalysts. The researcher will work in the project Base3D from the call “Convocatòria Agrupacions en Tecnologies Emergents per a la Realització de Projectes de Valorització i Transferències de Resultats de la Recerca (Emergents)”. This project will imply the development and formulation of a photo-curable and biocompatible resin, suitable for 3D-printing, and will be carried out in collaboration with a consortium of institutions. This project has been co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of the European Union in the framework of the Cataluña ERDF 2014-2020 Operational Programme and by the Secretaria d’Universitats i Recerca del Departament d’Empresa i Coneixement de la Generalitat de Catalunya.
- Scale-up of chemical processes and reagents derived from ICIQ’s research groups
- Designing and planning chemical transformations
- Development of suitable formulations for photo-induced radical polymerization
- Photo-polymerization and validation tests of formulated resins
- Use of validated resins in 3D printers
- Guidance from IP and CSOL units for valorization of technology
- Work in in a multidisciplinary team, within a scientific stimulating atmosphere
- Contract until August 2022, associated to the project Base3D
- A full-time employment contract
- The annual salary is split into 12 monthly payments.
- Remuneration according to individual’s qualification/experience
- Immediate Incorporation
- Application deadline: 8 March 2021
- REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
Chemistry: PhD or equivalent
- REQUIRED LANGUAGES
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, with experience in synthetic organic chemistry, photo-induced chemical transformations and handling of sensitive reagents, in particular organometallic catalysts
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is required.
- Experience in scale-up of chemical processes
- Use of analytical techniques for characterization of chemical compounds (GC, HPLC, NMR, IR, UV, DSC, TGA, etc.)
- Use of LEDs for irradiation
- Previous experience in formulation of curable resins
- Use of light-irradiation based 3D printer (such as SLA or DLP)
- Knowledge in technology transfer
- Knowledge in IP
- Academic Researcher