Product Development Scientist
- Development of RTD and powdered protein products for retail application from concept through commercialization.
- Apply skills to conduct product development work, which includes the development of bench top prototypes that are safe stable and legal. Need to have ability to scale-up products for commercialization.
- Must have the ability to develop product solutions in both powder and liquid formats.
- Conduct in depth research, create reports, and effectively communicate technical results to non-technical employees.
- Effectively conduct trouble shooting and root cause analysis for all product issues.
- Provide technical guidance and insight to cross functional team members to ensure seamless product execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including timely and accurate status updates of development/research projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively within teams
- Demonstrate ability to understand application of consumer research and experimental design to project objectives.
- Accurately maintain laboratory notebook and follow all safety requirements (e.g. PPE)
- Actively participate in marketing research programs, including focus groups and other consumer research formats
- Develop understanding of strategic ingredients, products, processes and packages to support development of new products/platforms
- Build strong relationships with relevant internal and external partners
- Ability to self initiate and manage multiple project tasks independently to meet business objectives and to support individuals within the workgroup
- Ability to communicate and highlight risks by leveraging experience gained.
- Able to support and assess technical feasibility and development across multiple thermal process platforms (i.e. low acid retort, low acid aseptic and powder processing)
- Development of complex beverage systems that incorporate knowledge of flavors (liquid and powdered)
- Ability to quickly learn and leverage experience to demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and formulation of complex beverage systems
- Keep laboratory notebook up to date containing all experiments conducted, formulations and results obtained
- Experience with plant protein application desired
- Experience with RTD and powdered protein beverages desired.
- Experience with hydrocolloids and emulsifying systems desired for the development of protein-based beverages.
- Ability to translate bench-top products (RTD and powders) into commercial manufacturing scale
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and experience with building effective client/customer relationships.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- BS in a Food Science or related discipline
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in product development
- Ability to provide thought leadership on tactical aspects of projects
- Outstanding team working and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
Percent Travel: 15-25%
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Relocation
Country/State/City: US/New York/Valhalla
Internal positions most typically held prior to being considered for this position:
- Product Development Scientist with beverages and foods
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Food & Beverages
- Project Manager