Packaging Principal Engineer - Sustainability, Science & Technology
With the Pep+ initiatives the role leads projects to deliver specific breakthrough innovation in driving Foods packaging sustainability agenda through effective development of new packaging structures and new materials and transferring these new capabilities to the materials team for scale up into the different sectors for both medium and long term agenda.
- Identify long term material solutions that lower GHG and/or meet sector business needs to transform their material agenda
- Discovery of new global technologies and materials sources in order to define a pipeline of differentiated packaging solutions to drive productivity, sustainability and innovation programs Globally
- Be fully conversant with the latest packaging technologies and initiatives to leverage relevant benefits and opportunities for the consumer and Pepsico.
- Identify, analyze and improve existing packaging and processes to drive continuous improvement programs and competitive advantage for the business
- Collaborate with external industry influence to further drive our agenda
- Partner closely with Office of sustainability on new tools for GHG modeling
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
- Technical degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a packaging related field with 8-12 years industry experience in film manufacturing or converting technical knowledge in packaging materials.
- Strong understanding of R&D and product development disciplines.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements
- Global packaging experience is desired
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence Sr. Leadership, cross functional partners like operations and finance, and the broader global R&D organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence development strategies of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse organization to accomplish complex goals
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple initiatives and work effectively in an environment of ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful situations
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- Packaging and Containers
- Renewables & Environment
- Project Manager
- R&D Manager