Packaging Principal Engineer
With the PEP+ initiatives to reduce fossil fuel plastics and to create biodegradable packaging, the PepsiCo materials team is driving the adoption of technology in the industry. The role will work closely with region leads and materials team members to conduct trials at suppliers, manage the film work flow and set specifications in the film making process to ensure PepsiCo’s quality and cost metrics are met.
- Develop formulations and process specifications of new PHA based film technologies that meet biodegradation requirements and drive costs down over time
- Develop films that meet cost and sustainability targets
- Be fully conversant with the latest film making technologies and initiatives to leverage relevant benefits and opportunities for the consumer and Pepsico
- Identify, analyze and improve film manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement programs and competitive advantage for the business
- Collaborate with external industry influence to further drive our agenda.
- Drive development and execution of physical property analysis of new and emerging packaging materials.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
- Technical degree in Chemistry, Engineering or a packaging related field with 8-12 years industry experience in film manufacturing or converting technical knowledge into packaging materials.
- Strong understanding of R&D and product development disciplines.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements
- Global packaging experience is desired
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills demonstrated by the ability to positively influence Sr. Leadership, cross functional partners like operations and finance, and the broader global R&D organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence development strategies of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse organization to accomplish complex goals
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple initiatives and work effectively in an environment of ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- 30-50% travel
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages
- Packaging and Containers
- Project Manager