Open Innovation Lead
SHV Energy is a family-owned multinational organization consisting of specialized energy companies mainly active in LPG and LNG retail business. Our customers often live or work in areas beyond the natural gas grid and rely on our companies for their most important energy sources. Today, we are servicing the needs of over 30 million customers over three continents that use our energy for hundreds of applications.
The Global team works as an enabler for Innovation in the company, collaborating with Business Units to structure and develop Innovation. On top of that, the team accelerates the delivery of Innovations in strategic topics via global innovation programs such as digital Innovation, smart-cylinder, and health & safety.
As the world around us is changing, rapidly opportunities for new business ideas arise, and challenges for our existing business need to be addressed. In this environment, Open Innovation is a crucial element in achieving our strategic targets.
We aim to intensify our outside-in perspective by connecting with external networks (startups, academia, corporations, etc.) to find new solutions for our challenges. We also want to gather insights (ex. Customer behaviour and technology trends) to be able to anticipate changes and act accordingly. All this work should lead to identifying new opportunities that can be tested either centrally or incollaboration with BU’s, using innovation methodologies.
If you want to help us to lift the game in open Innovation, helping the company to become more innovative, and building the future of SHVE, this job might be ideal for you!
Key responsibilities will include:
• Define the open innovation strategy, future roadmap and lead the implementation of actions
• Lead SHVE global open innovation program and platform (Home - SHV Energy Open Innovation Portal (innoget.com)
• Identify with global functions and BU’s innovation challenges and lead the whole process from challenge definition, launch, communication, proposal evaluation up to collaboration agreement
• Interact with potential external partners, giving feedback and discussing proposals. Track progress of established collaboration with a view of monitoring the impact of selected solutions
• Build a portfolio of open innovation engagements, ex. scouting, hackathons, co-creation, etc, and connect to the business challenges
• Support BU’s on building local open innovation capabilities via rolling out a global program, training, joint initiatives, etc
• Build SHVE presence in innovation ecosystems of interest together with topic owners
• Connect identified opportunities to global functions and BU’s
• Work with other colleagues from global Innovation and functions to structure and run foresight activities to identify technology trends, customer behaviour insights, etc
• For more disruptive innovation opportunities identified, set up the proposal for testing and validation, either centrally or in collaboration with BU’s
• Establish and lead the open innovation processes for SHVE, including KPI’s and collaboration agreement frameworks
As such, we would like you to have:
• 5-10 years of professional experience in Innovation, including solid experience with Open Innovation
• Experience with managing the whole cycle of open innovation challenges
• Experience with building and growing relationships in innovation ecosystems
• Experience in working together with external collaborations and internal teams to test innovations
• Experience with corporate venturing and working in collaboration with startups is a plus
• Desirable to have experience with foresight, especially technology trends and customer behavior
• Knowledge of innovation methodologies, being able to quickly set up what is needed to validate/invalidate disruptive opportunities (ex. H2/H3 innovations)
• Clear passion for establishing collaboration with colleagues from different geographies and business backgrounds;
• Capacity to influence colleagues in different levels and geographies;
• Results driven with clear insights and vision;
• Highly collaborative team player;
• Proactive, entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys handling complex, multi-faceted projects and who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
• Well organized, with strong process management skills and the ability to establish and work to priorities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills;
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
• Flexible and responsive to changing situations;
• Ability to build and use personal networks to link ideas and people that might otherwise not interact;
What we offer:
• An opportunity to work in an international team and with colleagues from all over the globe.
• A competitive salary with a good bonus structure.
• An opportunity to join a growing team where you truly get the opportunity to work in a broad range and make an impact on the projects you will be involved in.
• An office located right next to the Hoofddorp station with great facilities and an open work plan.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity, you must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
SHV Energy adheres to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly or via our preferred suppliers. We appreciate you trying, but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications from the candidates.
- Open Innovation Manager