Innovation Project Engineer
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
We are looking for a professional passionate about music and technology, who wants to be part of a young and dynamic team, working on the development of new technologies applicable to our products or services.
You’ll work inside the Innovation Team in close collaboration with the technical and business development teams, helping coordinate and monitor the execution of ongoing international and national publicly-funded projects. You will gain exposure to cutting edge technologies used in the music industry while being responsible for writing the technical documentation regarding project grants and internal R&D projects.
What You Will Be Doing
- Writing technical documentation and monitoring reports for ongoing projects, in coordination with the engineering and business development departments.
- Helping coordinate and monitor the execution of ongoing publicly-funded projects in technical and research environments.
- Coordinating the preparation of new project proposals for publicly-funded projects and grants.
- Participating in national and international project meetings with partners.
All About You
- You love understanding the technologies that power our current and future solutions.
- Blockchain or AI are more than just buzzwords for you.
- You are passionate about music and have strong interest in the Music Industry.
- Good communication skills, public speaking is second nature for you.
- Ability to summarize.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work autonomously.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm.
- Experience in European or other publicly-funded projects is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecom Engineering, Audio Visual Engineering or similar.
- Previous knowledge of the Music Industry is a big plus.
- Proficient level of English and Spanish.
- Catalan is a plus, as some projects documentation will be in Catalan.
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job or part-time job.
- Flexible working location and remote working.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Free English and Spanish classes.
- Wide range of online and onsite courses.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
Diverse perspectives drive innovation, and innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations, abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.
- Academic Researcher
- Business Development Manager
- Innovation Manager
- Open Innovation Manager