Associate Principal Scientist - Gatorade Sports Science Institute
Founded in 1985, the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) is committed to helping athletes optimize their health and performance through research and education in hydration and nutrition science. Recently, GSSI has embarked on a new project to open a clinical research and athlete testing facility in Valhalla. This facility will be responsible for conducting validation and efficacy research on functional ingredients and technology linked to personalized nutrition. As a part of GSSI, the incumbent of this Associate Principal Scientist role will be responsible for representing GSSI and the PepsiCo R&D teams with high standards and in accordance with ethical guidelines for human research and conduct. Additionally, the specific job responsibilities of the incumbent are as follows:
- Working with the Senior Principal Scientist, and with the GSSI Innovation Team and relevant Gatorade Business Teams, to execute the laboratory-based clinical research strategy and program at GSSI’s research hub in Valhalla, NY.
- Subject matter expert in cognitive function. Serving as the Principal Investigator for human clinical trials addressing questions related to effects of nutrition, hydration, and environmental stress on cognitive performance in sport and general population.
- Collaborating across the wider GSSI team (US and Internationally based colleagues) on research, innovation, service, and education initiatives.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
- Ph.D. required in Psychology, Neuroscience, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or related discipline.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in the area of cognitive performance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of and following of good clinical practice (GCP) guidelines
- Three or more years of experience conducting laboratory-based clinical research (not including research conducted as part of PhD program).
- Excellent publishing record with experience producing first authored peer-reviewed research.
- Excellent statistical analysis skills highly preferred.
- Must have a pro-active work style, able to multitask, and be flexible to work in a high-performance and ever-changing environment.
- Self-starter with good interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with various personalities and work styles.
- Flexibility and willingness for occasional domestic travel (approximately 5-10%) for field research, to attend scientific conferences and visit/collaborate with colleagues at GSSI satellite laboratories, and for other GSSI or PepsiCo offsite meetings.
- Flexibility and willingness to work during non-traditional hours (e.g., early morning) as needed depending upon research protocol (approximately 15-20%).
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Mid-Senior Level
- Food & Beverages