Associate Principal Engineer - Process Engineering
Develop new Process & Controls technologies for PepsiCo Global Beverages
- Develop research program project plans, including project scope, design basis, success criteria, timelines, resources need, critical assumptions, and potential issues.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge and advanced problem-solving skills and an awareness of PepsiCo priorities to achieve stated results.
- Ability to conceptualize solutions that leverage digital technologies like sensors, modeling & simulation, machine learning/AI etc.
- Design laboratory and pilot plant testing; following good scientific protocol, controlling for extraneous variables and other experimental biases.
- Collaborate with various supply chain teams including factories & QC for developing & implementing the solutions.
- Collaborate within R&D teams across commercialization, food safety and sanitation, tech center & others.
- Interpret data and observations, and correlate with plant level processing conditions.
- Write analysis reports, and make recommendations that balance/optimize product quality, operating costs and capital cost considerations.
- Develop and prepare conceptual engineering designs, project definitions, design basis, cost estimates, success criteria, commissioning/start-up plans and schedules.
- Contribute to multi-functional teams within R&D and across other functions in PepsiCo.
- Stay abreast of cutting-edge technologies in beverage manufacturing.
- Leverage digital technologies & statistical/data analytics to enable future-state business capabilities and drive targeted business outcomes.
- Lead and define opportunities that create tangible value – including leading current state assessments, identifying opportunities to increase Manufacturing and R&D efficiency, and developing solutions, business case and project plan to achieve the right value led outcomes
- B.S., M.S. Chemical, Mechanical or Food Engineering (or equivalent) with at least 8-9 years process research/design/development/commercialization
- Ability to define and execute projects.
- Strong knowledge of traditional engineering processes and tools across the value chain
- Hands on experience on any of the digital technologies like sensors, modeling/simulation etc.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Liquid process design knowledge
- Knowledge of design engineering, particularly in food science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, sanitary design and process and instrumentation diagrams
- Experience with ready to serve beverages desirable.
- Experience in project management a plus.
- Travel required (US and International)—estimate 30%.
Demonstrated Personal Traits:
- High energy
- Strategic thinker
- Team player (good interpersonal skills, able to inspire/lead others)
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Limited Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Food & Beverages