Associate Packaging Engineer
Are you an ardent learner who wants to develop and commercialize new packaging technologies? Do you want to create products that will delight consumers and have a sustainable impact? Do you want to be a part of a creative, highly motivated, and technically talented team of professionals?
The Water+ team at PepsiCo Beverage R&D may just be the right team for you!!
PepsiCo’s Water+ team is responsible for delivering a strategic business plan aimed at delighting consumers with innovative and engaging consumer experiences. In our fast-paced environment, we work closely with cross functional partners in Marketing, Operations, and Global Procurement to drive programs from concept through launch. We develop and commercialize packaging solutions that are sustainable.
The Water+ Packaging Team works closely with other R&D Packaging colleagues in Carbonated Soft Drinks, Sports and Fitness, Pepsi Lipton Partnership and the North American Coffee Partnership to deliver world class consumer offerings. We are part of the broader PepsiCo family, which aims to be the global leader in beverages and convenient foods by winning with pep+, our initiative to make a positive impact on our people and our planet.
We create meaningful opportunities to work, gain new skills and build successful careers. We believe our diverse culture is our greatest strength. Our multicultural and inclusive workplace empowers our associates, creates a respectful atmosphere, and leads to faster decisions. Our planet goals called pep+ are designed to inspire positive change for the environment and provide planetary boundaries which guide our work. We are changing how we source our materials as well as how we make and sell our products. We are helping to build a circular economy and an inclusive value chain.
Expected salary range is $67,000-$72,000
Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
Other benefits, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
As an Associate Packaging Engineer with the Water+ team, you will be supporting short and medium term programs for the Aquafina, Bubly and LifeWTR businesses, key brand in our portfolio. Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Actively manage new packaging development and initial commercialization to deliver PepsiCo Packaging AOP & Sustainability goals
• Developing and executing technical development plans, protocols, and documenting results
• Identifying risks with appropriate mitigation
• Lead development and optimization of packaging specifications
• Representing technical program progress during cross functional team calls, technical stage gate meetings and leadership team meetings
• Broad knowledge of Injection & Blow molding processes
• Material Knowledge in PET, PP, PE, Aluminum, Paperboard, Corrugated
• Project management
• Critical thinking
• Problem solving
• Experience with sustainable package design
• Strong technical understanding of packaging discipline
• Self-motivated and self-starter
• Motivated & results driven
• Strong consumer empathy
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Teamwork & collaboration
• Innovative and strategic thinking
• Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
• Fostering technical relationships
- BS Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science & Materials, Polymers, Plastics, or Packaging
- Working knowledge of technical qualifications and problem-solving packaging components
- Strong communication skills, technical & non-technical presentation skills
- Strong project management skills in developing project timelines with multiple cross-functional touch points and managing project budgets and spending
- Experience working with Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) or Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) companies a plus
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets in fast paced environment
- 30% domestic travel
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
- Food & Beverages