You are signed out
Join Innoget to connect with Maria Ortega and thousands
of innovation-driven professionals and organizations
B. Sc in Biotechnology (Autonomous University of Barcelona). I joined Trifermed S.L. in 2008 as the Responsible for the Market Research Department in order to conduct and manage the interface between Trifermed, our clients and the best business opportunities in the market. For two years and a half, and as a Business Unit Manager I have been the responsible for the Mediterranean markets: Italy, Greece, Turkey and Israel among others. Despite all the countries under my responsibility were being bathed by the same sea, the Mediterranean has managed to give each of them some individual character and made them unique. All these challenge made the Mediterranean markets a promising area to face up to and an incredible source of knowledge and learning. My period in Trifermed finished on November 2013.
I join Almirall S.L. in the New Projects and Market Research Department taking care of the identificacion, selection and evaluation of new potencial business opportunities for our company for a substitution of a maternity leave.
At this moment, I am taking care of the Knowledge and Technology Transfer in the Germans Trias i Pujol Health Sciences Research Institute.
Specialized in International Business Development within the Pharma, Biotech and TechMed industries. Primary area of expertise: Licensing (In and Out), Technology Transfer, Support in Deals Negotiation, Partnering Management, Consultancy Services and Market Research. Always interested in International Management and managing costly academic research in successful deals on a demanding market.
Institute of Science and Technology (IUCT)
June 2006 - September 2006
Mollet del Vallès
Trifermed Group S.L.
May 2008 - October 2010
Sant Cugat del Valles
- Conduct and manage the interface between Trifermed, our clients and the best business opportunities in the market.
- Vigilance of attractive business and technological opportunities for ourexisting clients.
- Identification of potential clients at diverse congresses, forums and data bases.
- Coordination and prioritization of the Market Research Department weekly tasks.
- Harmonization and administration of our internal data base and management application: Updates, maintenance, detection weakness, control check points, resolving problems, improvements.
Trifermed Group S.L.
September 2010 - November 2012
Sant Cugat del Valles
- International Business Development and Market Research activities in Human and Animal Health within the Pharma, Biotech and TechMed industries in the Mediterranean countries (Italy, Turkey, Israel and Greece among others).
- Responsible for managing international projects on licensing (in&out) and technology transference.
- Elaboration of market studies and research, assistance on marketing plans development of partnerships and contract analysis.
- Support scientific groups to manage costly academic research in successful deals on a demanding market.
- Administrative tasks involving budgeting, managing key accounts and a business unit composed by a multicultural and cross-functional team.
- Attendance to the main national and international events for the industry, identifying new opportunities, networking and attracting new clients.
January 2013 - May 2013
- As part of the New Projects and Market Research Department I am directly involved in the identification, selection and evaluation of new potencial business opportunities that may be interesting for Almirall for the Spanish market. Those opportunities should be aligned with Almirall's focus in our core therapeutic areas as CNS, Respiratory, Dermatology, Digestive, Cardiovascular, Musculoskeletal, Urology and OTC.
- Study of the fit & value's opportunities
- Elaboration of Business Cases
- Contracts and NDAs revision
- Collaboration with other departments (Marketing, Financial, Legal, ...)
Institute for Health Science Research Germans Trias i Pujol (IGTP)
March 2014 - Present
- To promote, to advise and to give support to the researchers of the IGTP regarding innovation and technological valuation.
- Accomplishment of the technological offer portfolio of the entity.
- Realization of commercialization plans of the technology.
- Accomplishment of development plans and market studies of products inside the biomedical area.
- State of the art studies and patentability anlysis inside the biomedical area.
Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
September 2001 - June 2006
Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII)
March 2014 - June 2015
I+D+i in Health Science Management