Summary of the technology
MaGrid is an innovative early math tablet-based training tool designed to foster pre-schoolers math precursor skills. To provide each child with a sound foundation in basic mathematical abilities, effective instruction over the pre-school years is necessary. MaGrid is language-neutral and thus makes early mathematical instruction accessible to all children, regardless of their language background or proficiency. By this means it is not only suitable for a highly multilingual school setting with a heterogeneous student population, but it can be used on a global level.
Description of the technology
• Language-neutral character making it usable for all children on a global level
• Combination with concrete material such as booklets
• Training tasks are based on scientific models of cognitive development
• Scientific evaluation
• Suitable for classroom settings
• Effective Access to early mathematics for children with hearing impairments
TECHNOLOGY AND IP STATUS
Scientific validation shows the training tool is effective.
The potential markets are Public institutions, private schools and private households
University of Luxembourg
Research & Technology Organization