Summary of the technology
- These systems support the conduction as an alert to the conductor in situations of imminent danger or when the conduction is not suitable.
- The developed systems show a high capacity of anticipation and a percentage of false alarms practically null.
- The group has developed several types of techniques of attendance to the conduction based fundamentally on vision by computer and laser.
Description of the technology
A Spanish research group of the Electronic Department of Alcala University has developed a technology based in systems of active attendance to the conduction by means of vision by computer and laser. These systems are devised to lend aid to the conductor in situations of danger or cases in which the conduction is not adapted (restrained illegal, oscillations, are present obstacles, etc). The research group is interested in commercial agreements with technical assistance or manufacturing agreements.
The Systems of Active Attendance to the Conduction are devised to lend aid or warnings to the conductor in situations of imminent danger, or those cases in which the conduction is not adapted (restrained illegal, oscillations, are present at of an obstacle, etc). The group has developed several types of techniques of attendance to the conduction based fundamentally on vision by computer and laser: - Warning of exit advance track - Warning speed in curved - ACC based on vision - ACC based on Laser - Detection of dream in conductors - Detection and recognition of deal signals - Detection of vehicles in dead space - Nocturnal detection of vehicles - Recognition of conductors - Detection of the occupants position - Detection and recognition of people - Attendance system to navigation by means vision and GPS These products are focused in increasing the road security, either on board of an automobile or installed like part of the infrastructure of the route in bridges or tunnels. The solution of this security problem could be automated in massive form.
Main advantages of its use
- The main advantage derived from the incorporation of this technology lies in the capacity to compete in the market in an innovating form by means of product’s commercialization focused in increasing the road security, either on board of an automobile or installed like part of the infrastructure of the route in bridges or tunnels. The resolution of the problem of security could be automated in a massive form.
- This type of technology would be obvious of special interest of manufacturing companies of automobiles. Secondly, also it would be of the interest of companies of the auxiliary sector of the automobile in charge of the manufacturing components. The possibilities of commercialization of this product with this kind of companies are bigger than with the manufacturers of automobiles directly. The asked technical cooperation refers to concrete requirements and the technical development of tests and training necessary to adapt the technology to the necessities of the company. Also the later maintenance of engineering that needs the applied technology, giving technical attendance to the product, on the part of the company, after its commercialization.
About Universidad de Alcalá-OTRI
Research & Technology Organization from SpainUniversidad de Alcalá-OTRI
The Technology Transfer Office at Alcalá University serves as a liaison between the University and its socioeconomic environment in terms of research and innovation. It encorages collaboration between research groups from universities and companies/institutions, with the objective to promote and commercialize research results and scientific capabilities.
Some of the services offered by this office are specified in the following list:
- Promotion of R & D and improvement of the relationships with companies.
- Promote the participation in R & D projects applicants to public calls (regional, national and European).
- Advising, processing and monitoring of patents and other forms of industrial protection.
- Support in the negotiation of contracts and agreements for R&D&i