A university laboratory (Russia) has developed a master's degree program “Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence”, which is distinguished for being project-oriented and arranged in such a way where students in the course acquire the necessary knowledge and skills through participation in the implementation of real-life projects of the laboratory. The laboratory is looking for partners to provide educational services to their staff.
A university laboratory (Russia) has developed and successfully implements the master's degree program “Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence” as a contribution to the Digital Transformation of Society and Industries. The program “Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence” is featured by practicing project-oriented and hands-on approach through arranging the program in such a way that students immediately consolidate their knowledge and skills through participation in the implementation of real projects of the Laboratory in the course of learning. The expertise gained through the master's degree program can be developed and scaled up for particular partners to solve a wide range of science and technology problems in the form of joint projects of the university and its industrial and research partners by uniting employees from several laboratories and departments (educational programs) to accomplish the following tasks:
1. Training of staff and upgrading their skills.
2. Conduct research and development at the university with the participation of students and staff.
3. Registration of successful results of medium-size and large-size projects in the form of working documentation, product prototypes, applications, patents and publications.
Graduates acquire skills in technologies and methods of Big Data analysis such as: Data Mining, crowdsourcing, mixing and integration of data, machine learning, artificial neural networks, pattern recognition, predictive analytics, simulation modeling, spatial analysis, statistical analysis, visualization of analytical data, etc.
The program develops such skills as:
- The ability to understand fast the features in the area for which the analysis is carried out, to dive into the aspects of the target field. It can be retail, oil and gas industry, medicine and many other areas of knowledge.
- Knowledge of how to analyse statistical data, how to develop mathematical models (neural networks, Bayesian networks, clustering, regression, factor, variance and correlation analysis, etc.).
- Be able to extract data from various sources, convert them for analysis, upload to the analytical database.
The program has already been launched at the university. Students from various countries of the world including China, India, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Korea, France, Ghana, Colombia, Kazakhstan, Russia are studying and training at the master's degree program. One of the main requirements and criteria for the success of a research work is the publication of papers at the Web of Science and Scopus levels; in the field of Data Science it is necessary to interact with leading experts in the world. The laboratory is engaged in widespread international cooperation: direct cooperation agreements have been signed with organizations from Europe and Asia during the master's degree program. It involves cooperation with companies, including large, medium and small.
With the use of new knowledge in big data analytics and artificial intelligence, it is possible to effectively and successfully carry out projects for various industries: for the oil and gas industry, in medicine, in research and development of new materials, in tracking and processing network traffic, in the field of information security, and etc. The high level of university specialists, institutes and companies allows the students to create unique and real-life applications that combine the latest developments from several fields of science.
Intellectual property status
Other forms of protection
Current development status
Commercially available technologies
Desired business relationship
Other : Education services