Summary of the technology
Using cutting-edge comparative genomics, data integration and machine learning, the researchers will develop a comprehensive gene panel that can identify increased risk of breast cancer and offer personalized treatment options based on PARP inhibitors
Project ID : 6-2018-6690
Description of the technology
Prof. Levy-Lahad Ephrat – Director of the Medical Genetics Institute at Shaare Zedek Hospital, Jerusalem
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women.
- In >70% of cases with suspected hereditary, no mutations could be found in the known susceptibility genes (BRCA1, BRCA2, PALB2, etc.).
- Establishing a comprehensive panel that identifies the driver of mutations in patients is of particular importance for personalized risk assessment, prevention and treatment of breast cancer.
Using cutting-edge comparative genomics, data integration and machine learning, we developed a comprehensive gene panel that can identify an increased risk of breast cancer and offer personalized treatment options based on PARP inhibitors.
We aim to develop a platform for predicting the risk for hereditary breast cancer in significantly more patients and offer personalized drug treatment based on the identified mutations.
Application for use:
a. For Breast Cancer patients:
- Identify the causative mutations Breast cancer patient
- Optimize and guide treatments
b. for Woman at risk:
- Risk predictor
- Optimized treatments(PARPi)